“Great Italian Food, Awesome Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London, Canada
“Great Italian Food, Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We just returned from Costa Rica staying at the Flamingo Beach Resort. We had a need for pasta and our hotel recommended Tubla. You can make a reservation or just show up but we used the shuttle service the restaurant provides, what a deal, they pick you up and return you to your hotel or condo!

The food? Absolutely perfect! I had a fettuccine dish and my wife had a penne dish. Both came hot, plentiful and ever so tasty. It was so good, we returned for a second time just for the same food. And the prices were excellent. Our meal with 2 (large) glasses of Pinot Grigio was a bargain at $45 including tax and tip.

We were tole the owners are both Italian and the wife does most of the cooking. The atmosphere, while not beach side or having any sort of great view, is very nice. The restaurant is new, well laid out and they even have a wood oven for pizza that a number of people we met raved about.

So there you are, if you are in this area, don't miss this restaurant.

• Visited November 2012

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
“Not just another pizza shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just returned from Playa Flamingo the week of 10/6. Due to the off season many of the restaurants in walking distance to the Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa were closed. At the time, the rank of Tubla on Trip Advisor was #5. Although I can not compare to those above it, they had the best food by far compared to the other restaurants we ate at in Brasalito. Daniel and Alejandro were super-nice and provided complimentary pick-up at the hotel. It was so good we returned on our last night after trying other options. Gorgonzola gnocchi, filet of beef and the shrimp wrapped in prosciutto- all fantastic! They have a wood fired oven for pizza. Although we did not have any other customers gave it rave reviews.Great food! Great people! Great value! Don't miss it!

• Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Repeat Visitors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is our favorite place for pizza. It's not on the menu, but if you want pepperoni and sausage, they will do it!

Visited October 2012
Brooklyn,
“Amazing Food - go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have to say this was probably the best meal I had while visiting CR for 8 days. I loved that the owner/chef picked me up at my hotel (flamingo resort) and brought me back as well. The pizza I had was incredible. Great wine, great salad, great fish and most of all superb service. A+

• Visited October 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Its wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I drove by Tubla many times, didn't give it a second thought...Until one Sunday when we found most restaurants closed and we risked it. That was three weeks ago. I've been back 6 or 7 times since.Michaela, the chef is excelelent,warm and friendly. Her husband is kind with a gentle sense of humour. World wanderers their previous stop was Ecuatorial Guinea. I am so grateful they landed here.
The food is excellent, so is the service and have been there with a large group including small children,their patience with a smile is saintly.
Pizza, the best in the area
Spaghetti di mare, a real treat.
The prices, given the quality of the food and service are a gift.
I've been there with my husband,family,friends,groups and alone,it is always a treat!

• Visited September 2012