If you are looking for an absolutely gorgeous pool with a beach just outside the resort, this is the place to come. If you are looking for a true Costa Rican experience, try elsewhere. The kids loved the pool and the staff is incredibly accommodating and fixed anything that was wrong, but aside from the pool (and a pool table and ping pong) there is not much to do here and almost all the guests are from the USA. Lulu, the recreational specialist was fantastic (try water aerobics or yoga!). Rooms are slightly worn (especially the bathrooms), towels are worn and old looking, and there are almost no restaurants nearby or things to do. We were here two years ago and did a day pass for two days which was perfect. Our stay this time for 4 days was too long. We ended up spending a huge amount of money on mediocre meals and drinks (though the all-inclusive breakfast was fantastic!!) because there is just not much to do or places to go. If you do stay here, consider a taxi to Brasilito for dinners and to visit the Playa Conchal which was gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located on one of Costa Rica's most famous blue-flag, ecologically protected beaches, this resort location is the perfect beachfront base from which to explore all of Costa Rica’s natural beauty and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo