Firstly the hotel was wonderful and all the staff extremely friendly. No issues with anything about the hotel. I requested a change of room for a different view and they accommodated us. We spent just 4 days at the hotel and it was a shame it couldn't have been more.
Now my gripe - we booked a private fishing trip thru TAM Travel situated within the hotel. The booking was simple and the staff helpful. ENCANTO SPORT FISHING arrived in the morning to pick my wife and I up - the car was 30 minutes late. We arrived at the location on the beach just 400 yards down the road where we were greeted by a rep from Encanto. After taking our payment of $400 via CC we were then told we had to pay an extra $30 cash for a fishing license. Extra payment for a fishing license was never mentioned when booking. The Encanto rep just shrugged and said 'they were not expecting the officer to be there" Aboard the boat 'The Callaluna' it became clear very quickly that the captain spoke very little english and the fishing mate spoke non at all. My wife was above sunbathing on the front deck and I was left in SILENCE for six hours as the fishing mate made no attempt to communicate what so ever - despite my best efforts. When the fishing started I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO HOLD A ROD!! That's right six hours fishing trip and I could not hold a rod. The captain spent his time fishing from his deck and I watched the fishing mate 'Fish' for six hours. We (he) hooked just one fish in six hours and when it was 10 yards from the boat he handed me the rod to reel the last part in - then he grabbed the line and pulled it in by hand. In fact going back to the speaking of english - the mate spoke one word - cerveza. of which he only said twice in six hours. Food was meant to be available too but NOTHING. No Fishing, No communication, No food.
AVOID ENCANTO SPORT FISHING. The most awful fishing experience ever...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only resort located on one of Costa Rica's most famous blue-flag, ecologically protected beaches, this resort location is the perfect beachfront base from which to explore all of Costa Rica’s natural beauty and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Beach Resort And Spa
- Flamingo Beach Hotel Playa Flamingo
- Flamingo Beach Resort Costa Rica
- Flamingo Beach Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Playa Flamingo