“Barack Obama was our waiter!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Kansas City, Missouri
“Barack Obama was our waiter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Serious, our waiter was the doppelganger of the POTUS. Jose, said he is told that all the time.He was extremely friendly and attentive.

The food was good. We both had a fish dish and it was properly prepared. There was a nice view of the street from above.

I'd go back again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had a party of ten and the service was excellent. There was one person in our group who is very hard to please and the waiters were patient with him beyond what I have seen at other places. I went back 2 more times with other friends. The mahi mahi with ginger sauce was delicious....I had it twice, but then I ordered the blackened tuna and it was equally as good. The drinks were pricey but then the price of liquor in the grocery stores is through the roof in Costa Rica! Great place to eat off the dusty roadway....I loved it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lake Zurich, Illinois, United States
“Pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

They have a hustler downstairs, who solicit you to eat in the restaurant. He promised us a free wine glass and a drink for each of us.
When we went upstairs, we were pushed for a full bottle of wine and offered no promised drinks.

Food was good. Prices were little high, a glass of Mojito cost $8. A beer bottle, $6.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Escazu, Costa Rica
“Pricy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We both had lobster and it was just OK. Not worth the price of 44. The service was good. Next store the lobster was 20.

Visited December 2013
Rocklin, California
“Very Salty Food and No Appology”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We ate at this restaurant a few days ago. We feel the cook of this restaurant does not pay much attention to quality of food. I ordered Jumbo Shrimp dinner with garlic and butter flavor and Cajon rice and it was so salty I complained that to waitress. She did not show any sympathy and quickly said if I want to finish the dinner. Normally in the US, they will come to the customer and ask how the food is to make sure we enjoy the dinner. But is this the Costa Rican custom that once they serve the food they don't want to know if the food taste OK or not? Anyway, I wondered if they used day old food to preserve the food in that way to add extra salt? But most of my complaint was for the price we paid, the food was mediocre, nothing special and they should concentrate on a quality of the food.

• Visited December 2013