“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

San Jose, Costa Rica
9 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went to RIU Guanacaste, looking for something to do we booked a trip on the Vision Catamaran, the booking was made with a local guy on the beach, I hear that booking this at the hotel is too expensive and you wont have any chance to get a discounted price, with these local guys you can get a good deal, As local I was not expecting much but I was wrong, once I got into the catamaran the boat is nice, big enough to feel safe, it has two decks and you can have a great view from any of the two, we did some snorkeling Erick the guide got some nice fishes from the bottom to have a closer encounter with them, also he was looking around and showed us nice creatures, drinks and some snacks were included, the staff is always offering you drinks. they wait at the bay to spot the sunset, very good experience, my only concern was the restroom that did not have lights.. well I couldnt find them.

Visited October 2013

Los Angeles, Texas
“Nasty Boat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went my wife and I over this boat tour, was very disappointing, we get out of shore late, take very much trouble get into the boat, once on the tour, the toilett was dirty, nasty way, and seems that no one cares, the service is bad.You can see the old catamaran instead the luxury that you see on the pics, missing maintenance,during the tour some of the guys from the crew was loocking at my wife in a insinuating way, not appropiate behavior for costumer services, not professional people, missing maintenance in everythin. I kind a know about boats and this catamaran is in very dangerous conditions, without a rudder, means that you can not properly handle the boat, so how the captain allows works on this conditions? making the trip very dangerous, not security norms on site!! The snokeling equipment was old and dirty, so of course we past that activity, my wife and I were very happy get on land again.

Visited August 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Average Experience Given Expense”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We were in Playa Hermosa and decided to get some time out on the water with the Visions Catamaran sunset cruise and snorkeling trip. The large motor catamaran came right up to the beach in Playa Coco to pick us up. The ship was well appointed and as well decorated as you can likely accomplish on such a vessel. The ship worked its way over to a small beach that was not really much different from most others apart from some caves on the water and some submerged rock formations. The snorkeling was really below average and really not worth the effort of getting on the gear and remaining soaked for the rest of the journey. When we returned to the boat they had some very light snacks out. I need to say that the amount of food was clearly inadequate for even the small group we had on the boat. Quickly the popular items were gone and almost everything was picked clean within a few minutes. For a trip at this price point, that should have been better. As for the staff, they were happy to pour your drinks but otherwise were not engaged with the passengers in any meaningful way. The music selections playing were very odd and appeared to just be random albums from one of the crew members iPods. Overall, this is a very average experience. If we return to the area, I would be interested in the options on some of the other sailing catamarans that appear to be available.

Visited August 2013
“The best sunset cruise we've been on!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We booked this cruise as a family and it was wonderful! The crew was great! Always courteous and entertaining. Our son even got to fish and caught a great fish! The drinks and food are plentiful. The staff were always asking if we needed another drink. The cocktails were wonderful and not watered down. The boat is huge with two decks with wonderful loungers. They picked us up at the beach at playa del coco but also do pick ups at the Riu and other hotels. It was great watching everyone dancing to great salsa! The snorkelling was great as the water is crystal clear.The crew got in the water with my son to snorkel and grab a fish. He was so excited! The beach was a secluded white sand beach with little caves. My son just loved exploring the caves!! Its very safe and easy to get off and off the boat as they beach the large boat for easy access. This was wonderful for kids and the elderly. Saw many dolphins swimming along the boat and even saw a whale. The captain even turned the boat around to bring us closer to take pictures. The sunset was breathtaking coming back! We will definitely come back on the Vision. This excursion gave us a taste of the good life!! Well worth the money!

Visited July 2013
Huntington Station, New York
“Awesome boat cruise with amazing sunset!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We loved this boat cruise (was from 130-6pm), the crew were so hard working and soo friendly. The boat picked us up right in front of the RIU Guanacaste but also stopped by coco beach to pick up a few more people. Only had about 20 people, but there was so much room on the boat with nice tables and chairs. And they are not shy with the open bar, no "rum punch" here, but beers and the most delish pina coladas I had there. After snorkeling there was also some chips, salad and salsa available to eat (so eat something before you go, otherwise drinks will go right to your head)The guys were more than happy to take your pictures for you and show you where to go when snorkeling. we had a great time and there is no other way to see the sunset! We also got to see some dolphins too!

Visited May 2013