I booked this hotel as part of a fly-stay package and chose it from other options because I am familiar with Coco (this was my 4th trip here) and this hotel is located right where I wanted to be in Coco. All I needed was a place to shower and sleep. As it turned out, it was perfectly suited for my needs. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating and the front desk staff all spoke excellent English. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pillows are the kind that are filled with chunks of foam but among the four pillows, one suited me and I slept well. The room is very basic and there was no dresser or drawers of any kind to allow for unpacking a suitcase. The closet was good size but there were only 3 hangers. (I’m sure I could have gotten more had I asked.) One problem is the lack of electrical outlets (which is typical in most of the places I’ve stayed in Costa Rica). There were two outlets, one on each side wall with none near the sink. I had to unplug the tv in order to use my hair dryer and curling iron and fortunately there was a mirror on the wall close by. The shower was good sized and had hot water (not always the case in some hotels here). I was there during the slow season so the evenings were fairly quiet. I would not want to stay here during high season or over a holiday week as I know how noisy this little village, especially this main business area, can get. I asked for a room away from the pool and reception areas as those areas can be very noisy. The package included a free continental breakfast or for $3 USD you can order the ‘tipico’ breakfast. If you’re not familiar with typical Costa Rican breakfasts I highly suggest you try it. The meal is more protein based than the fruit and toast of the continental breakfast, consisting of eggs (your choice of style), gallo pinto (black beans and rice with seasoning), white cheese, fried plantains and, in this case, toast. I always ordered the tipico because I needed the protein, but the fresh fruit plate looked to have a good variety of local fresh fruits in a large serving. In the US I would rate this hotel a 2 star, but for Playas del Coco, I would rate it 4 star just because of the comfort, cleanliness and hot water. The hotel pictures are a little misleading, there were no flowers or decorations in my room, the linens were clean but a little worn, there was no mattress pads on the beds (just the fitted sheet over the mattress), the towels weren't artistically arranged, etc. and, maybe because it was off season, there were no chaise lounges around the pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coco Beach hotel is located in Playas del Coco, the area of largest touristic growth in the Golfo de Papagayo and one of the most popular vacation destinations for locals and tourists alike. This growing touristic community is located 40km from Liberia, the capital of Guanacaste at 20 minutes from the International Daniel Oduber Airport. Coco Beach hotel offers a fresh environment filled with tropical air and surrounded by fun and adventure. Our hotel brings together a variety of services that include hotel, restaurant, sports bar, casino and a small mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coco Beach Hotel and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coco Beach Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Coco Beach Hotel And Casino Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco