This was our first trip to Costa Rica and we pretty much planned it on our own. Glad we listened to the reviews on Trip Advisor and went with Rancho Armadillo because our trip was perfect! No, Rancho Armadillo isn't a luxury resort but if you want to experience Costa Rica in its "Pura Vida" form, this spot is the way to do it. Rick is AWESOME! On the first day he sat with us to chat about what we wanted to get out of our trip. He gave us some great suggestions and every morning greeted us with an itinerary and directions ( not to mention a smorgasbord of fresh fruit, smoothies and coffee) to help make our adventures a little bit easier to conquer and enjoy:) It was such a great way to experience our first vacation here. The grounds are quiet and peaceful - there are other guests of course, but everyone pretty much does their own thing. The hammocks are great for relaxing and to enjoy the sunsets and sounds of the monkeys and birds that surround you:) We also had in-room massages that were amazing and super REASONABLE! Overall, this trip was great and we were so bummed to leave! Hopefully we get back to Costa Rica and Rancho Armadillo soon!
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Armadillo Estate Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Rancho Armadillo Estate Hotel
- Rancho Armadillo Estate Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Armadillo Estate, a small private mountainside estate overlooking the Gulf of Papagayo. The estate is perfect for couples, families or groups. Our guests feel like they're coming to visit friends who have a really nice place to stay. Our knowledge of Costa Rica ensures our guests experience the best Costa Rica has to offer. ... more less