If you're looking for relaxation and tranquility within a short driving distance from the restaurants of Playas del Coco (5 minutes) and nearby beaches, Rancho Armadillo is the place!
Upon arrival, I was immediately welcomed by Rick and given a quick tour of the property and amenities. As it was already dark when I arrived, I was unaware of the surroundings. When I came out of my room (incidentally, the Buena Vista) in the morning, I was immediately struck by the fabulous view overlooking the dry forest out to the ocean. The property is located on a hill with an amazing view!
The room was clean and comfortable with a small fridge and coffee maker. Breakfast (included) consisted of fresh fruit, breads, waffles, juice and coffee. The pool was very inviting. Rick has also thoughtfully included a number of extras: suntan lotions and bug repellents, a fully loaded iPod for music by the pool and a filtered water cooler. Beer and non-alcoholic drinks (for a small fee) are provided. Kitchen facilities are available should you wish to prepare your own meals (I didn't).
Rick takes his role as host and owner very seriously and truly makes you feel like a guest. He can provide detailed information on day trips and activities in the area. If you're looking for true hospitality, skip the impersonal resort stay and enjoy some pura vida at Rancho Armadillo.
- Also Known As:
- Rancho Armadillo Estate Hotel Playas Del Coco
- Rancho Armadillo Estate Hotel
- Rancho Armadillo Estate Costa Rica/Playas Del Coco
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rancho Armadillo Estate, a small private mountainside estate overlooking the Gulf of Papagayo. The estate is perfect for couples, families or groups. Our guests feel like they're coming to visit friends who have a really nice place to stay. Our knowledge of Costa Rica ensures our guests experience the best Costa Rica has to offer. ... more less