“Great Evening at Claudio y Gloria” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Claudio y Gloria

Claudio y Gloria
100 m. East and 75 m. North Entrance Calle la Chorrera, Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: I think it was in the Hotel Coco Mar
Cornwall
“Great Evening at Claudio y Gloria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My fiance and I had a wonderful night at Claudia and Gloria's. The service staff were great answering all our questions through the evening. The views to the beach and great food made it a memorable experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

San Jose, Costa Rica
“Excellent food, cozy B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Here I was... long weekend and no plans... I decided to visit CLAUDIO Y GLORIA on the north Pacific coast, just a few hours away from San Jose. The only beach front property in Playas del Coco: 12 simple rooms yet comfortable, A/C, cable TV and WiFi what else do I need?
The biggest surprise was the beautiful well set restaurant... THANKS YOU Antonio and Manuel, the chefs! THANK YOU Anita, the waitress and most of all... A BIG APPLAUSE to Javier and Lucia, the owners... You made my trip worth it! the service was so outstanding, the food was so delicious, the attention to details, the little things, the nice and educated chat gave me a great weekend. Travelling alone is sometimes boring, but you all made me feel cherished, loved and pampered... you KNOW what customer service is. I certainly recommend this small B&B right on the beach hotel for couples, seniors, families, EVERYONE!!! And when it comes to water sports, you run the business.. the captains, the snacks, the equipment... A dream trip.. THANK YOU!!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California, United States
“Great Food - Incredible Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I can't say enough about Claudio y Gloria, also called Tortuga Cafe, right on the beach.

The food was terrific, and the price was inexpensive for great seafood.

The hospitality was out of this world. We had ordered two glasses of wine from the bar, and the staff brought us adirondack chairs to the beach for us to use.
Shortly thereafter, my wife stepped on a sea urchin in the water, as soon as we got back to the beach, the entire staff helped us from ice, to hot water, to googling how to treat the sting, they even offered to go to the pharmacie.

It was also a local spot, we were the only non Costa Ricans in there for a summer lunch, we stayed for a few hours, chatted with Costa Rican families in for holiday, and had our best meal of the trip.

I can't say enough.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo, Canada
“do not go to this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My girl friend had her vehicle broke into at this restaraunt. Her belongings were stolen from the vehicle.The staff were less than helpful. do not go to this restaraunt. Your property may be at risk.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Ostend, Belgium
“Good dish for fair price at nice location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The atmosphere is peaceful, the restaurant is facing the beach and the sea. There´s music and the tables are not to close to each other so you don´t get the feeling the place is crowded.

The food is good, we had 3 different dishes. One of us ate Pollo Claudio, wich is basicly a quite big piece of fried chickenbreast with a white wine sauce with cheese and sundried tomatoes. The dish comes with mashed patatoes and some vegetables (brocoli and carrots). Then one of us ate the rice with shrimp, chicken and beef. The dish came with salad and fries served with a little bit tomato ketchup. The third dish we tried was a whole fied fish, it as well came with salad and fries.

Staff

The staff is friendly and correct, they off course speak Spanish, but I also heard them speaking English, so they are used to international tourism.

Conclusion

When you´re in El Coco and you look for a nice place to have a decent dish, you should pass by at Claudio y Gloria. You find it in front of the beach. You won´t find big surprises, just a good dish, with enough food for a fair price. We paid for 4 meals with a mix of natural drinks and beers about 55 Euro´s.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere