“omelete” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Costa Rican, International, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Where art meets fine eating, Congo coffee, art & design Costa Rica opens from 8am until 8pm Monday thru Saturday, Sunday from 8am until 6pm. Everything is made locally with fresh ingredients bringing you great coffee selections, healthy salads, sandwiches, desserts and much more. Come and join us, we are the meeting place of Costa Rican traditions, great food, art and design.
Edgewood, Kentucky
“omelete”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Went in for a quick breakfast this morning. Vegetarian omelet was very good, but I think it might have had some sausage in it. The bread , jam, and butter they served with it was good too. The to go cups for the tea are not up to American standards. The lid kept popping off and could barely hold, it was so hot. I would return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

93% Recommend
Savannah, Georgia, United States
“Great place to chill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Awesome place to take a break from the "rat race" that is Coco. with great shopping and modernized conveniences, this place is a must if you need to get away from the moto-bikes and crazy tourist strip.

Visited September 2012
“Banana pancakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Go here for the best pancakes in playa del coco! The banana pancakes rocked my world! The omletes ok. Good coffee and great orange juice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
msuarez, Owner at Congo Cafe, Arte & Diseno, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Thank you very much for your comment and visit to our Congo Coffee, art & design Store!
Our customer makes us want become better & better day after day!
Palo Alto, California
“Delicious way to beat the heat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I grabbed lunch here on a whim while waiting for my 2pm bus back to San Jose.
I had the most delicious casado of my entire trip - perfectly spiced rice and beans, fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh avocado and sweet fried plantains. Mmmm. Top it off with a perfect iced coffee (what a luxury!) and I felt like I was in heaven! It was perhaps my most indulgent meal of the entire trip.
(The AC felt incredible, too!)
I was the only customer in the cafe and I felt very taken care of but definitely not smothered.

The artwork was nice to look at, but I was not tempted to buy anything.

In all, my lunch and drink came to $10 with tip, which is high by my backpacker standards but still reasonable for the ambiance, service and quality.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you Clare, I'll be telling our girls at Congo's Kitchen about your comments on the Congo Tipico's Breakfast! It is always a pleasure to read positive comments about our hard effort and line of work.

at your service!
Redwood City, California
“Stopped By and It Was Great!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stopped by this little shop and it was really great. We found some really beautiful gifts to bring back. Very stylish clothes and decor. My fiance had their coffee and a pizza bake, he was in love. The service was excellent there!

Visited May 2012
msuarez, Owner at Congo Cafe, Arte & Diseno, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you very much!