“Great Place! The Owners are Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin, Fusion
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ft. Worth
“Great Place! The Owners are Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were referred to Citron by another restaurant in Playa Hermosa that was booked up. We drove the extra 10 minutes and we are glad we did. The parking situation is a little sketchy, as we parked in the Auto Mercado parking lot and walked across the street to a pavilion. The pavilion was very nice, and upon entry into the restaurant, we were greeted by the hostess. The setting is great, but know that they don't have outdoor seating...which didn't bother us. The ceviche was awesome! I had the rigatoni and my wife had the linguine. We both agreed the linguine was better, but both were fantastic. The service was a little slow, but not slower than most places in Costa Rica, it's island time so just go with it. Would strongly recommend this place. Just before we were leaving, the owners and bartenders poured us up a shot that they make local, and we toasted with them. These people are great, go there and you won't be disappointed.

Georgetown, Canada
“Worth every penny...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited this restaurant in early Dec. as we were looking for a quiet meal to end the day.. As we rent a condo instead of staying at a resort it's nice to go out for one meal and sit back and be able to take your time. This restaurant did not disappoint. Food was delicious, wait staff was friendly and the atmosphere was perfect. There was no great view.. but sitting outside at night with candles was more than enough. Dinner was not expensive compared to any steak house at home.. It was a nice treat and worth every penny.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montreal, Canada
“My Favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I live in Montreal, Quebec but my parents retired to Costa Rica last year. I wait to come here every time I come down, their Spicy Margarita and Mixed Ceviche are AMAZING.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is modern and welcoming, with extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff. As someone with several food allergies, I was shocked (happily) at the server's extensive knowledge of all the ingredients in each dish I ate.

The menu is a lovely balance of local and globally popular dishes with delicious cocktail and the most to die for Chocolate Soufflé I have ever had.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Delicious dinner spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant will make you think you were transported back to Canada/America. The atmosphere is clean, citron smelling, air conditioned and menu in American dollars.

I enjoyed the goat cheese salad as my appetizer - it was fresh with a lovely fusion of flavours. As my main I enjoyed the salmon risotto based on a trip advisors recommendation and it did not disappoint!

For vegetarians their menu highlights the selections available and my partner suggested his pasta was the best he has had since we arrived in CR.

Visited November 2013
Playas del Coco, Costa Rica
“Best place to eat in Coco”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We eat here all the time. My husband, my three daughters (age 10,8,6) and I love the food and the atmosphere. The service is also great. It is a beautiful restaurant in the Pacifico Shops. They have a great menu (steak, shrimp, pork, beautiful salads and more). They have the best risotto in town, and it is air conditioned. You can also sit on the patio if you wish. I highly recommend this restaurant. If you are in Playas del Coco or Hermosa you should visit Citron.

• Visited October 2013