“This place and beach bums are my favorite in coco.” 4 of 5 stars

50626701982
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Southwestern, Caribbean, Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night
Description: Coconutz is the local hangout and tourist eatery. We have 6 tv's and 3 projection screens for all the sports... Known for the great pizza, but the burgers and tex-mex are not close behind.. Burgers so big, a grown man cant finish it.. Live Music 3 nights a week, with a mix of latin/american easy listening classic rock. With an outdoor deck atmosphere you can sit at the rail and watch the people on the street. The monkeys show up between 3-5 in the trees above for a nice afternoon treat
“This place and beach bums are my favorite in coco.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Burgers are also better here than the famous Jimmy's. The atmosphere is great. You can also catch most pro sports games here

78% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Quick Favorite Spot - good food & specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stumbled upon Coconutz while walking around Playas del Coco on a Sunday. We decided to grab drinks and nachos. We were pleasantly greeted by some expats (and their dogs) enjoying Sunday Football and playing a fun penalty game. You paid to enter the raffle, then when there was a penalty a name would be drawn and you could drink for free until the next penalty - lots of fun. We also ordered the nachos - some of the best around. Their drinks were well made and a good size. The bar offers some covered seating and outdoor seating with a great feel. Coconutz offers specials each day, check out their listing there. Bar has a great vibe, fun patrons...Can't wait to go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Baden
“Sports bar with very good food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch one day after being in town for a week (our first time eating out in town) and we both had burgers. They tasted great! Service was extremely friendly and our server spoke fairly good english (we both don't speak spanish and unlike some reviewers will not make derogetory remarks about people in their own country speaking their language and not being able to speak ours - hmm - funny how people back home complaign about foriegners not speaking english...). We have our 8 month old daughter with us and our server was pregnant and she was very friendly and inquisitive about her. Have returned a couple times for a cold beer while walking through town and if you are a sports fan (huge EPL and footy fan myself) it's nice to be able to catch up on golf/football (US and world - aka soccer)/etc. Price is reasonable for food - similar to going out at home in Canada to a Kelsey's/Keg/Jack Astor's, East Side Mario's etc. I believe we paid around $28US for 2 meals and 4 cerveza's.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Madison, Wisconsin
“Coldest beer in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I had seen this place in some of the coupon books we received and knew the owner was American, but had no idea it was owned by a guy from Wisconsin! I am not into football, but we ended up going there to watch the Packer game. It was a lot of fun! The beer is colder than I had anywhere else down there (WI boys know how to do it!). The only food I ate there was an appetizer, which was good, but all food I saw being served looked delicious! Expect to see dogs and cats running around (very common), but they are all friendly. If I ever make it back to Playas del Coco I will definately make my way back to Coconutz!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco, California
“bloody marys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We ate breakfast here. Nice bar, good gallo pinto and eggs, the waitress got our order a bit confused but she made great Bloody Marys so all was forgiven! A lot of TVs with ESPN and games!