“Mega Combo” 3 of 5 stars

+506 2282 4898
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Swiss Travel is the leading tour operator in Costa Rica and proudly offers complete services for individual, groups, incentives and cruise ship travelers, always with the slogan of responsibility and respect towards the environment and people. We do not stop at simply delivering the service that our guests expect; we strive to exceed their expectations. Our guests can be sure that we work very hard to make their vacations in Costa Rica the most enjoyable of their lives. Also, our on-time pick-ups, clean vehicles, friendly, courteous, and knowledgeable staff; as well as the behind-the-scenes activity, turn our services into a very smooth operation. That is why thousands of satisfied customers have made us the most successful ground operator in Costa Rica.
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Mega Combo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We booked all of our excursions through Swiss Travel but the Mega Combo was a terrible experience. The zip lining was fine but the horse back riding experience left me injured. It is NOT my first time on a horse so I’m not new to it but here are some things which made this portion of the trip horrible. There are too many riders squeezing through a tight space on the path on VERY STEEP hills with only one tour guide who can speak English. The rest of the guides, the local operators do not speak a word of English. Because it was so crowded the horses got annoyed and were kicking each other as they squeezed through a small path. The path is NOT safe at all. Unfortunately the horse in front of mine kicked my horse’s leg almost made my horse fall down and in turn my horse got spooked jumped up on its hind legs and threw me off. After I hit the floor, the horse took off racing down passing everyone. After I fell off the horse, the tour guide from Swiss Travel came up to me and asked if I can stand up and when he saw that I could – despite a lot of pain, told me I must continue on another horse. I went on another horse but I was in so much pain I couldn't continue - it was too painful. He was of course no where in sight (because he had to guide all those other people). I tried to tell the local guide I wanted to come off but because he didn't speak any English he didn't understand what I was asking him and kept riding. I finally in a loud voice said “stop I am getting off the horse”. I walked the rest of the way to the spa. While at the natural springs, it was so disappointing that the guide didn't come and talk to me to ask me if I was okay. He had the opportunity (almost 2 hours) to come and ask if I was okay. It was as if he wanted to pretend it didn't happen and again in their usual manner down play the event. I had a bruise for a week on my low back and was in pain the rest of my trip. It was just terrible! Had I known what kind of path it would be I would NEVER have gone on the horse much less let my kids go on the horse.. Mind you they give you the option to go on the tractor (which doesn't appear very safe either, with its dull tires hardly any traction).

Parents PLEASE be WARNED I can’t emphasize enough how unsafe this is for children. I wish they would tell visitors exactly what to expect. They give you the option to take the tractor but you think it’ll be fine because they DOWNPLAY the horse back riding aspect. This trip is a disaster waiting to happen!

Visited April 2014
SwissTravelCostaRica, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Swiss Travel Costa Rica Day Tours, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear customer:

We would like to thank you for contacting us and letting us know about this review. We truly value our customers and appreciate their feedback.

Please do accept my apologies about this inconvenience. We are very interested to investigate your complaint, please I need that you send me an e-mail to customerservice@swisstravelcr.com or comunicacion@swisstravelcr.com, in order to get your booking information and other details to check what happened.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Our recent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

A million likes and thumbs up to Swiss Travel. We hired the most incredible private guide, Ronald, and an equally incredible driver, Fernando. Ronald was very educated, knowledgeable, professional, accommodating, and playful. We were equally pleased with Fernando and felt very safe with his driving. The two of them together and the places they took us to made our vacation even better in Playa Conchal.

Highly recommending Swiss Travel to everyone!

Visited February 2014
SwissTravelCostaRica, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Swiss Travel Costa Rica Day Tours, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear customer:

Thank you! We feel really satisfied for that great recent experience you had with us in Costa Rica. Everyone working at Swiss Travel loves making customers feel their best, so our crew is always essential in our service.

We will be more than happy having you back with us!
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Overcrowded”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked the "mega combo" which was a horseback riding and zip lining in Hot Springs activity. Sounds great but instead of a van picking us up it was a huge travel bus. By the time we started the activities and after over an hour of driving from resort to resort picking people up, the bus was full and there were 50 people. Can you imagine doing zip lining and horse back riding with 50 people? it was a nightmare. The tour guides were nice enough but they (the company) were obviously packing us in to maximize their profit. Zip lining was the worst when on several occasions we were on a platform 50 feet near with too many people on the platform and it felt dangerous and uncomfortable. Beware when booking these activities make sure there are a few people because this was a very bad experience.

Dear customer:

Thank you so much for this review, because it is a really good feedback for us. We would like to investigate much more about this specific situation, knowing all booking details, so please feel free to write us an e-mail to the addresses: comunicacion@swisstravelcr.com or customerservice@swisstravelcr.com.

Have a nice day,
Stanhope, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Two tours - Both great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Swiss Travel handled our transportation to and from airport and we also booked the Arenal and Palo Verde tours with them. I have to say I was very impressed with the tour guides, especially Dixon. These guys work a very long day - On the way back to Liberia from Arenal (3 hour drive) after the tour guides had been on duty for almost 15 hours, they stopped so we could photograph a sloth hanging from a telephone wire! Really appreciated that. The Arenal/SkyTram/Hot Springs tour is a must. I would strongly advise you to look past what seems like a steep price and do it. It includes transportation (which at $6 for a gallon of gas means it's a cheaper alternative to renting a car), lunch, boat cruise across lake, ziplining, dinner and use of the hot springs. The ziplining was insane - the hot springs really blew me away too. Meals were tasty (better than our hotel for sure). Palo Verde was so-so...I'm not really a boat guy so I cop to the bias.

Visited June 2014
SwissTravelCostaRica, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Swiss Travel Costa Rica Day Tours, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear customer:

Thank you for your review! Those tours you made are an incredible option for having some adventure, and that is also a good opportunity to be surrounded by Costa Rican nature, flora and fauna.
All our tour guides always enjoy with customers, and that is one of the main reasons they love what they do that much.

We will be waiting for your next trip to Costa Rica; welcoming you with a 'pura vida' vibe.

Ridgecrest, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Marvelous Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Wee did three tours recently booked thru Swiss Travel Service at the resort where we were staying. Diego who handled our bookings was very knowledgable and professional, discuss each excursion, how long we would be gone, how trip was planned with hotel schedule of meals in mind, etc. After our day lone trip which was great, to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve we decided we did not want t go on another long excursion and asked if we could exchange for a half day trip. This was no problem - all was credited back and new excursion booked. All of the trips we did with this service worked out great with the time schedule just as it was written. All guides were very well prepared for the trip they were doing with many kinds of extra materials to make our excursion memorable! Kudos, Swiss Travel Service and, especially to Dixon!

Visited June 2014
SwissTravelCostaRica, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Swiss Travel Costa Rica Day Tours, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear friend:

Thank you for your review and for exposing your memorable experience in Costa Rica. We are always going to do our best for all our clients,l and it is very satisfying to read good comments about our tours, guides and service.