Our family of 8 adults and 2 children spent a week at the Westin Conchal for a much needed family reunion. Our 6 yr. old granddaughter especially enjoyed the Kids' Club and the pool. The rest of us spent a lot of time in the pool when we weren't doing other activities.
We made our activities reservations through Swiss Travel...they were very helpful. Eric Garcia would have been a great alternative had we not already made our plans. His wife Gigi has a massage table down the beach...you have to be sure to specify Gigi if you want her, and even then you may find someone else doing your massage.
The restaurants were really nice...our favorites were the Mediterranean, pizza, beach restaurant and Mitra! We always ate breakfast at Mitra, the buffet. Occasionally we went there for lunch or dinner as well. The selections were great and everything was very fresh! We advise getting your reservations in early.
The bartenders everywhere made great drinks and didn't skimp on the liquor!
A main concern were the bees at the pool bar that would follow you around the pool. I'm not sure what can be done as they serve some sweet concoctions which inevitably attract the bees. Just be aware of this issue if you have an allergy to them as we were stung several times.
Our thanks to the great staff for making our family reunion one we will remember for a long time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal