My husband and I arrived at the Westin after a 4 day stay in the Arenal region at the Tabacon Hotel. Upon arrival at the Westin, we were escorted to the Royal Beach Club towers where we stayed for 5 days. When walking into the lobby, we were handed a cool drink and oriented to the hotel. We then met Erick Hernandez, our concierge for our stay. He brought us to our beautiful suite in Tower One of the Royal Beach Club. The room was clean and beautiful. We were on the 3rd floor and we had two full baths, a living room and master bedroom. On our balcony, we had seats and a hot tub. Erick was available during our stay for anything we could have needed. Upon our arrival, he made us dinner reservations for each night of our stay (reading other reviews we saw that this was a complaint among other visitors that it was difficult to obtain restaurant reservations but for us that was not at all the case)
The only activity we participated in at the westin was kayaking (which was included) and horseback riding on the beach at sunset because we had done a lot of activities in the first portion of our trip ... for the horseback riding, we chose to go through Eric Garcia's guys at the beach rather than the company represented by the hotel... it was cheaper and also we didn't have to shuttle anywhere to ride the horses... $25 each if you paid cash, $30 each if credit card was used compared to the $45 each cost the hotel representative was charging.. it was a great experience and once down on the beach at sunset, we took some great pictures ...
Since this was the relaxation portion of our trip, we took it easy.. We used the gym facility that the Westin had and it was clean with fresh towels and a water cooler. We would then go to the buffet breakfast which had omelets to order and a great "green juice" along with anything else you could have wanted for breakfast.. after breakfast we usually went to the beach for a few hours. On the beach, there are a TON of vendors selling things but usually didn't bother you too much after you told them you weren't interested. My husband took advantage of the $20 beach massages and highly recommends them. The spa at the westin also offers massages which during our stay we had a couples massage which was also great.. it also gives you full access to sauna and pools when you use the spa services.
One thing we loved was that our concierge Erick set up for us to receive coffee and a fruit platter every day at 7 am. It was nice waking up to coffee already prepared before we started our day
We got a lot of our clothing very muddy during the first part of our trip & had to do laundry which I recommend for anyone to avoid.....the total for just a couple of shirts, shorts and some socks was $109.00
BRING ANY MEDS YOU MAY NEED, BUG SPRAY (IF YOU'RE GOING ON EXCURSIONS) & SUNSCREEN. If you forget these items , there is a gift shop with everything you could possibly need, however, like any other resort, they jack the price up. (ex bug spray, $20.00).. we met a couple whose husbands only pair of flip flops broke and he had to resort to buying $60.00 (the cheapest ones) flip flops at the gift shop....
There is a photo center on the resort and they offer an hour long photo session at sunset on hotel grounds...starting up by the photo center and finishing on the beach at sunset... . the photo shoot is free but requires you to buy a minimum of 10 pictures at $15.00 each. It is a little pricey but TOTALLY worth it. the photographers take amazing shots and although we ended up spending a little more than planned on pictures, we love every single picture (they give them to you on a CD) .. they're amazing
Again, we did not do a lot of excursions from the westin because we had done them in the arenal region, however, the activities and excursions (from talking to other people) were mostly long drives from the westin
highly, highly recommend the westin for a relaxed stay in costa rica. absolutely beautiful... and compared to the rainforest, did not rain one drop while we were there :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal