We are SPG Platinum members and stayed in Tower 1, room 1308 during our stay at The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal. With that said, we have stayed at MANY Starwood resorts, have ownership invested in the Westin Princeville, Kaua`i, HI and this resort, overall provided for a very nice stay. Being in Tower 1, meant that we were part of The Royal Beach Club which was very well done but you have to be seeking a quiet environment not a party environment. Our pool was not overcrowded and we could rent a private poolside cabana for just $20 USD a day. Nelson, was the full time guy to see there. He was extremely helpful and genuinely nice. We loved him. People need to realize though that while all the food and drinks are included in this resort, that tipping should not be forgotten. Everyone at the resort accepts USD just as happily as the local currency, the Colones. They do not require it or make you feel guilty if you don't tip, but remember everyone - they are providing a service and good service should always be rewarded. I am gluten free so I contacted the resort ahead of time and Tanya Campos, the F&B manager had notified the restaurants of my restriction. There was a hostess, Carolina Ponce, who went above and beyond the normal job description of a hostess. By the 2nd night she knew us by name and ALWAYS let the waiter know of my food allergy. The Mediterranean restaurant even had a gluten free brownie for desert for me! It was OUTSTANDING. You'll need to book reservations at the restaurants early or ahead of time as you must have one in order to dine. The food was very good and options plentiful. Room service however had a very limited dinner menu but every morning I'd order the coffee (which was delicious) with warm soy milk to the room. Much better then the little coffee maker. Takes 45 min to deliver so I'd just call and order it for a specific time the night before. That was nice. We had rented a car for the whole trip, but we really didn't need to. We should have just found an alternative to/from the airport and just rented a car for when we drove to the Cloud Forest. This resort does not have a private beach and as soon as you leave the gate you are met by people who offer trips and massages. We did not take advantage of this but met people who did a tour with Eric and loved it. There are MANY stray dogs on the beach that are SO skinny. I bought a bag of dog food and always had it in my bag. I would feed them each time I went to the beach. They are very friendly and I had to be careful that they wouldn't eat too fast as I didn't want to make them sick. I'm a dog person so I enjoyed this, but felt for them when I left. You can rent (for free) a mask and goggles and snorkel right there off the beach (over to the right where the rock formations are is best) but I heard taking a tour you see much more. We took the horseback ridding tour though Swiss Travel and enjoyed it very much. Saw a monkey, in the jungle area then went down to the beach were we let the horses run at a FULL gallop. it was wonderful. Something I suggest is to visit the photo shop in the small shopping area of the resort. You can book a session which is about an hour and bring a change of clothes. We had photos made in a nice linen outfit then changed into shorts/polo's for shots out on the beach. We thought we were only going to buy the minimum (10 digital images for $150) but we spent $375 for 40! They turned out amazing!!! Overall we had a wonderful, relaxing time celebrating our 10 year union. We're happy for the memories Costa Rica and this resort provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal