We stayed here for 9 days for our honeymoon in April 2013. We arrived early and check-in was easy, but our room was not ready yet so we relaxed in the lobby and had a drink until we were taken down to our room. The room was great! very spacious and the fridge was always stocked, but if you wanted more bottled water it was just a call away. We were only unable to get a dinner reservation one night, but the buffet was still quite good. Our favorite restaurant was the italian place, still want more of their risotto! We also loved the pizza place for lunch! We ate here almost everyday. The beach was very clean and if you walk to the left a little ways you will feel secluded as it seemed everyone stayed right by the hotel entrance. We only went in the pool once becuase it was just too warm, the ocean was much more refreshing.
We booked our tours through the hotel and had a great time! Definitely did not feel pressured to book anything as you do the second you get out on the beach with Eric. I guess that works for some people but I was turned off by him when we saw him counting his cash right on the beach.
I also celebrated by birthday on this trip and my husband arranged for me to spend the morning at the spa. He told them it was my birthday and honeymoon, and when I got there for my massage they had a cake waiting and sang to me! It's little details like this that put this resort over the top!
Overall we loved this resort and would definitely return. The beach was great, food was amazing, other guests and staff were friendly, monkeys and parrots in the trees, all made for an unfogettable honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal