We spent a week in late April-early May and were not expecting the temperatures to be mid 90s and humid. The pools were beautiful but too warm to offer much relief. We stayed in one of the bungalows which was nicely appointed but the a/c ran non-stop and keep the room warmer than we would have liked. We reported the issue and it was looked at but nothing done to correct the problem until we finally had enough of it and were moved to another bungalow on our third day. The housekeeping staff did a great job keeping the room clean and restocking the refrigerator with our beverages of choice. Room service for breakfast was a treat we enjoyed several times. The best food and service was at The Bamboo and the italian restaurant. Service at the latin restuarant was great but food was bland. Food at french restaurant was average but the worst possible service. We had a table of 8 and the delay in service meant some dishes got cold waiting for everyone at the table to be served. The staff seemed untrained and unattentive. Unfortunately many people in our group were sickened with a stomach virus. Some food handling practices were questionable so be aware to choose carefully. Grounds crew were always busy cleaning and grounds were well maintained and beautiful. Overall the service staff were hardworking and friendly while the the front lobby staff needs better training and leadership.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Media 8, Inc., Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal