We stayed at the Westin from 4/28-5/4. The resort itself is very pretty and the pool area is very nice but the water temperature was entirely too hot. It felt like we were in a hot tub - seriously. The beds are comfortable and the rooms were very nice. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly but the food and the drinks were average at best considering what you pay to stay here. The best restaurant to us was the Asian restaurant called Bamboo. Try the shrimp curry pasta dish. It was the only really delicious dish we had while there. The medi restaurant was our next favorite restaurant. The seafood dishes were pretty good. The french restaurant has a lovely view of the sunset. Make sure to eat there when you can see it. Their chicken cordon bleu was okay as well. There were a lot of people who got sick while staying there but we were fortunate not to. They did have notices on our doors to be careful and use the hand sanitizers available in many locations. Not a great feeling when on vacation to have some sort of outbreak while you are there. We read about Erik on other reviews and he is definitely the one you want to go to for booking travel/excursions. One couple in our party booked a rafting trip through the hotel and the lady was injured because the water was so low and she was hurt on rocks. Erik told us beforehand not to book a rafting trip. He is honest, courteous, and gives good advice as to what he thinks will work best for your needs. Tell him Diana & Michael said hello if you talk to him!! We would go back just to see him alone! This property is so pretty and would be a perfect spot if they would improve their food a bit and cool the pool down. Tip: Bring sunscreen and bug spray. It is ridiculously expensive in Costa Rica. ($51 for both). Also, bring lots of $1s for tipping and dress here is very casual. One other thing to consider is this resort is mostly older people - 50s & 60s. I would recommend paying the departure tax at the hotel on your way home so you don't have to wait in line at the airport. Hope this helps!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Amex, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal