My wife and I visited the Westin in February for 5 nights on the second leg of our honeymoon. The first place we stayed was very small and remote,very hard to get to. So we were looking forward to the Westin to relax and have everything taken care of for us. We were upgraded to the royal beach club which was great. We would have been fine not being upgraded but the pool was great, service as well. Make sure you request your drinks with the name brand alcohol of your choice. The room was great WiFI worked the entire time in the room. Our Concierge Bergin made our reservations the first night and we were able to eat at every restaurant. We enjoyed them all the french and Mediterranean were the best but all were good. I really do not see where most of the complaints come from. We were willing to eat our dinners later at night and had no trouble with reservations. i would recommend doing it that way because there is little or nothing to do after dinner here.
We barely used the cart services only to get to the lobby most times. The grounds are great and everywhere is walkable very easily including the beach. The beach I thought was fantastic I do not know where the complaints come from on this site honestly it was great and completely empty. We were not bothered at all by the vendors, they are at the gate if you walk 30 yards to your left you pretty much have a wide open beautiful beach to yourself.
We did one excursion through our travel company and one through Erik on the beach. Both were great. The lazy lizard catamaran through Erik was fantastic one of the highlights of our 10 days in CR. The crew was great, very fun, Dolphins swimming under the catmaran and all around it in the sunset. I would make sure you have cash to pay Erik with, the credit card machine on the beach was a bit "iffy" when it would not work he agreed to let us go on the cruise and bring him cash the next day. I also would not count on the ATM at the Westin as it only worked once while we were there. When we could not access cash Erik actually let me take an ATV into Brasillito (1/2 mile down the beach) to an ATM. Quite an experience. All in all the Westin was great would definitely go back.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal