This was our second stop in our Honeymoon trip to CR. We first stayed at Nayara in Arenal, which I have posted a review for. Please check it out. This is a massive resort! be prepared to do a little walking from place to place; ie. gym, main pool, restauraunts, shopping. There are shuttles coming around 24-7, but we still chose to walk. The royal beach club is a necessity at this resort if you want tip top service. I would like to give a shoutout to Jonathon who made our stay exponentially better at the westin. Gracias, desde el fondo de mi corazón. Staying here gives you exclusive access to Faisanelli (the italian restaraunt and one of the best for dinner) during breakfast and lunch which we found very convenient. Also, there is an exclusive private saline pool which is very quiet and peaceful with RBC. Free roomservice is also a part of the all-inclusive wristband through the RBC.
We found Cauri (French) and Faisanelli (Italian) to be our two favorite restaraunts. If they are booked, you cannot go wrong with Mitra the main buffet and bar. Excellent food at all of these places. We found the service to be the best at Mitra (the main buffet).
A side note: Shout out to Eric Garcia, an event planner that works directly outside of the hotel grounds as soon as you enter the beach. Thank you so much for helping us plan a river safari adventure where we got to see white-faced capuchin monkeys, crocidiles, and all kinds of other birds! the guide was very informative and educated us about the sugar-cane plantations troughout CR, Guanacaste. This was just one of the many many adventure that we went on during our stay. His wife, GIGI has a massage tent that gave us a 70 minute massage for $30 a piece! what a value! it really beats the $150 the resort charges for their professionals. Plus, it was nice to hear the waves crashing behind us while we were pampered.
The resort makes it very apparent the these vendors, such as Eric, do not work for the hotel nor do they carry the same insurance, and gauruntees. But, we can assure you that the events he set us up with were a great value, and very safe. Thank you Eric for making our trip much more exciting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal