Four of us stayed at the Westin Resort and Spa for a week and loved it! From checking in with an individual registration representative who spoke impeccable English, giving us all the details we needed at first to feel comfortable and knowledgeable about what was what, to the immediate response from security when they noticed our second floor patio door was open late at night and called to remind us to ensure it was closed and locked, the hotel employees were polite, quick to respond and helpful all the time. The Costa Ricans are a gentle people, educated and anxious to please as they are proud of their country and enjoy telling you about it.
The food at each of the seven restaurants could not have been better from its presentation to the extensive menus. We tried them all and came back to the French Restaurant for our last night, enjoying excellent martinis, wine and a selection of the options for the meal. We also enjoyed the Costa Rican coffee. Get the whole beans rather than already ground and specifically,try the Women's organic specialty coffee supporting their efforts to become established.
Loved the beach, ( all Costa Rican beaches are public) the scenery, the River Cruise, a sunset cruise out beyond the rock islands into the Pacific through Erik Garcia ( the beach broker who can make almost any trip you wish, an individually planned adventure), the day trip to the mountain zip lining, lunch at an Eco resort, the bubbling mud baths and the rugged Pacific side country now at the end of the dry season.. We had a Junior Suite which was wonderful with daily towel service and cleaning. The exercise room was reasonably well equipped and busy. It overlooks the golf course. Didn't golf. The pool is huge and fun to swim in... swim up bar and volleyball... iguanas around to watch and cheeky black birds like crows making noises in the trees....the shops are very nice.Reasonable deals; the outdoor market is made up of talented crafts people in silver jewellry, carving, specialty wooden bowls and platters from different local woods. They are not pushy but sell their wares as you would expect. As a new cultural experience for us, we found it to be a wonderful country to visit and learn all about. We would recommend it for all our friends with children or not. The service was the best. It is a safe and lovely place to enjoy your holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Media 8, Inc., BookIt.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal