Lots of Pros here: Lovely and accommodating staff, overall. Lots of choices for dining, and food was good quality for an all-inclusive. We had no problems getting a reservation as some have noted. The Italian resto was best, surprisingly, as we are not huge fans of Italian food. The French spot was great too, despite warnings against it. The resort was well maintained, although initially I felt the exterior structures looked a bit institutional in striving for modern simplicity. We loved the pool area, and the super friendly staff. In particular, the gals at the towel/activity centre, our water aerobics/yoga instructor (Sorry, it was about a month ago, and their names escape me now.) and the young Argentinian resort photog.
The Cons: Nothing major. We initially had a room with two doubles rather than a King bed but we politely asked for a King when it was available and they gave us a great room next day. The only tiny complaint I'd make was that on two occasions, food requests were dealt with slightly begrudgingly. One morning we were leaving early for a tour and wanted some quick room service breakfast. I had to call twice (no answer) and got clearly frazzled individual on the third ring who quickly advised me that it would be up to one hour and quickly got off the phone with me. Perhaps they were understaffed. We just went to the dining room, which was quick and delicious. On another occasion returning late from a tour, we were accommodated for dinner at Cauri, but it took a bit of wrangling, and the manager or whoever was clearly not delighted. We get that it was a bit late (9:30) and we didn't have a reservation (it was 30% full, maybe), but the buffet restaurant was closed (without notice) so we had few other options. We ate quickly and left a good tip, and the service was lovely otherwise. But it is these little things that count sometimes, especially when one is paying a bit extra for a better experience. However, these are small matters. The experience overall, was excellent and I would recommend the resort highly. TIPS: Book your restos on the first day. Take advantages of the fitness classes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal