We are used to great Westin Hotel, Hyatt and Marriott hotel service and comfort. This is why I booked this hotel on our last leg of travel in Costa Rica. What a disappointment this was for us! We booked a Royal Beach/King Size room, which was at the K1 building and is called the Royal Beach Club. This building is by far not on the Beach as it sounds and one of the highest nightly rate with all inclusive. The building is constructed as two U-shaped segments of rooms with three floors, a courtyard and a fountain in the middle, an open exit/entry on each end and one large roof over all of it. The fountain makes a loud waterfall noise and creates an amplified echo within the building. In addition, on each floor there are large and old Ice machines, which are noisier then the fountain and ad substantially to the noise amplification. I requested a quiet room since I am a light sleeper. The first night they had everything on, fountain and Ice machines. It was a horrific unbearable night for us. We called the front desk and were told that they send someone over to fix it. Nothing happened. In the morning I discussed the situation with the building manager. As he promised, they turned of the fountain at 10 PM that night. It got somewhat better that night, but still major amplified noise due to the rumbling old Ice machines. Another restless/sleepless night was following. The third night the same. The next day we met some couples from Canada which also had their rooms on the second floor just like us, who also complained about the noise and said that they have a hard time sleeping. We were talking to the manager again about the situation since we were a larger group now. The manager finally agreed to turn off the Ice machines at 10 PM and turn them on at 8:00 AM the next morning. The fourth night we finally had a good and deserved rest. I know that some people had good luck with the food, but in our experience there are only three restaurants we had good dinners. That was at the Buffet, the Italian and the Mediterranean restaurant. The service in the restaurants were at best average except at the Italian and Mediterranean restaurant where we had great and friendly waiters to whom we gave good tips. What we observed is that people do not normally give tips at the all inclusive. It's the chicken and egg situation, service first or tips? In general, we would never go there again! Price - Value, comfort, service isn't there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal