We stayed at the Westin Golf and Spa Resort from January 28th to February 4th 2013. We were two couples and overall we enjoyed our vacation.
Grounds: the grounds are beautiful and well taken care of. Its a very big resort but they provide a shuttle to get around which is very nice.
Rooms: rooms are clean and the bed is VERY comfortable. The shower is a little silly. There is no door so water leaks everywhere. Be careful.
Pool: the pool is huge and well cleaned. We never had trouble finding a lounge chair either
Beach: the beach is just ok. The waves are really big so it made it a little scary to swim out far. Locals are permitted on this beach. They drive up and down the beach area in their cars and ATV's which disrupts the tranquility. Locals also have booths set up to sell keepsakes.
Food: we didn't starve. Plenty of choices but some members of our group found it difficult to find items that they could enjoy. I found the food good but just remember its not Canada. I found the system to make reservations for the a la carte was a pain. You could only call in your reservations between 8am - 4pm well.....I'm at the beach at those times and if you try to call before leaving your room for the day, well....good luck because the line is busy.
Weather: Its HOT. Loved it and it never rained
Staff: the staff is helpful and friendly
Golf: the golf course is beautiful and worth using
Entertainment: we found the entertainment BORING. But keep in mind there is a disco for those who like to party. We were in bed by 10pm most nights.
Room service: was very good but took a long time to receive our food. It must have been a busy morning for room service orders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., BookIt.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal