We stayed at the Westin Playa Conchal from July the 23rd to the 28th 2012. Overall it was an amazing experience and a wonderful country to visit. The airport in Liberia is air conditioned and we had such a smooth transition from customs to the shuttle. When we arrived at the Westin we were blown away. The open air lobby is gorgeous. We were not greeted with a cold drink but that was okay. When we arrived at our room i was really upset because we were given two double beds. They immediately honored our request for a king bed, however, I was unhappy with the location of the king room. We ended up being suprisingly happy with the double beds pushed together and when we returned home we immediately bought a Heavenly bed from Pottery Barn. The staff at the Westin were so friendly and gracious. The resort was well kept and maintained beautifully. We were a little disappointed because we only saw monkeys on our last day and a few coatis the entire trip. I was expecting to see an abundance of wildlife. The only reason why I did not rate this review as excellent was because of the food reservations. The food was exceptional (except for the dinner buffet), however, they would not let you change your reservation time once it was made. We made our reservations at 6pm for each night at the beginning of our stay. We found out after the first night that the sun sets around this time. Just when we were enjoying the sun set in the ocean we had to leave to rush for dinner. The resort would not allow us to change the dinner time for the duration of our stay despite numerous hours on the phone, begging and pleading with management. I will never stay at this resort again for this reason. We were not the only guest with this complaint. We truly enjoyed meeting Leo who is a staff member at the excursion booth at the Westin. Erik Garcia was a complete joke and his staff were so annoying and haggled us each time we entered the beach. We traveled with our 14 year old son and never felt unsafe during our entire trip. The resort is very family friendly and is in a great location. It was an amazing first visit to Costa Rica but I think we would have enjoyed it more if we had stayed at the Four Seasons in an ocean front room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., Priceline, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal