This is the best resort we have ever stayed at. The grounds are beautiful, lush and expansive and even when the resort is full it never seems crowded. The beach is lovely whitish sand and stretches out for a great distance. If you want privacy just walk a few minutes away from the resort entrance to the beach. The water is clean and just enough wave action to be fun. Our whole family works out and the Westin Gym is terrific with 3 ellipticals, one stationary bike and four or five treadmills along with extensive free weights and weight machines. There are daily classes that include spinning, beach yoga, abs and full body workout. The gym staff were terrific.
The food is excellent in the a la carte restaurants. Our favourite is the Italian Faisanella but the the French Cauri and Mediterra were also comparable to a very good restaurant back home. Only the bamboo (asian fusion) was disappointing. Because we stayed in the Royal Club we had breakfast every morning at the Faisanella, a great buffet with a delicious omelette station. For lunch, we recommend you try the wood-oven pizza at Spirula at least once (and finish it off with their tiramisu ice cream). Staff throughout the resort are friendly, helpful and accommodating.
We booked two trips through Erik Garcia's staff on the beach right outside the hotel entrance. My wife and son went to Vaundara (ziplining, horseriding, waterslide, mudbaths and hot springs) and had a wonderful time with Carlos. There were only 6 persons in the minivan group and this was much preferable to the large busload taking the hotel megacombo trip (and cheaper as well). My son and I went with Mitch on the boat ride on the Tempisque river in Palo Verde Park. Mitch was a terrific guide and we saw lots of crocodiles, whiteface monkeys and beautiful birds. Again, it was cheaper than the hotel ($60 versus $75), very reliable and exactly the same boats and routes. My wife had two blissful hour long massages by Norma on the beach ($30) and was in an altered state afterwards.
If you are in the Royal section there is a separate quieter adult pool with whirlpool and enjoy coffee hour in the Royal Lounge every day at 4. Costa Rican Coffee is exceptional. This is a wonderful resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Amex, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal