Stayed here for 8 days, November 14th to 22nd. Got in touch with the hotel and they arranged the transfer to and from the airport. When we arrived at Liberia airport the driver was waiting with a sign with our names on. It took around 45 minutes, which we got to see monkeys at the side of the road. $90 each way for 2 of us.
When we arrived at the reception area we were welcomed with friendly smiles and the offer to take a seat at the bar. We were pleasantly informed that we had been upgraded and will be taken to private check in over at the Royal Beach Club (we are SPG gold) (RBC) via the golf cart. The RBC is an adults only area pool, butler service around the pool for all your food and drinks needs and a private concierge. There is also the added benefit of premium brand alcohol (be sure to specify your preference when ordering), complimentary Wifi, coffee 3 to 5 in the RBC check-in (very nice foyer, with air conditioning!) and breakfast/lunch at Faisanela.
Private check-in went smoothly, lots of information to absorb but leaflets to take away. Top tip would be to enquire straight away the restaurants open days (we were there just before peak season) and then book all reservations. It can get difficult to get into each restaurant at the time of preference. However you do not need to book for the buffet and you can get 24 hour room service.
The service was out of this world, our concierges John and David were amazing. One evening they made bathroom up with flowers, very nice touch. The maid did a great job on the room including making me a towel animal, I did love that. The guys at the bar were super friendly and wanted to do their best at all times. They even remembered our drinks and were making them before I even got to the bar, some times they made you two! Restaurant service was also brilliant and efficient.
I am a big foodie, so tried all the restaurants, buffet and room service. Breakfast in the room was a perfect way to start the day on the balcony. Favourite Cauri (French) not only was the food amazing so was the view. Atmosphere was fantastic and there is a nice bar you can hang out before/after dinner. Duck was cooked to perfection and loved the creme brulee.
Cararcola we tried for lunch more than once. They have lighter options salads and wraps. But we tried a fish burger very enjoyable. If you don't get too full try the chocolate brownie. Spirula (pizza place) was very good if you like a thin crust pizza.
We ate at Mitra buffet on international buffet evening. Salad and desert stations were firm favourites. Like breakfast there is lots of choice, try the fresh fruit and smoothies at breakfast extremely refreshing.
Faisanella was open at lunch/dinner only (due to low season) so we didn't get to try breakfast there but did love the lunches we had. We sat out side but be warned it can get a bit too hot in the midday sun. Dinner must haves are the lamb shank and the tiramisu.
Las Candelas, Latin inspired, was nice but would be rushing back for any of the main course selections. We did enjoy the tres leches and strawberry desert. Bamboo, lovely Thai food. Big portions, try the spicy soup.
There were many shows and activities available incase you are not one for the pool/beach side. We saw most of the evening shows. They were all very good but the must sees would be the magicians and the circus. The day activities were either very active or informative. We went on the bike tour, you get a helmet and water which is difficult to hold. I am not at all adventures or fit and found some of the tour hills hard. Don't forget to put lotion on and bring a camera as the view is breath taking. The running session follows a very similar route to the bike tour. We also tried kayaking as part of the package for an hour, life vest included. Some of the classes you need to book and they are worth going to, coffee and food tasting. It is the staff that really make these enjoyable, they are awesome.
Yoga on the beach was very nice and relaxing. The aqua-tone session was also very fun way to work out. The beach is fabulous. We went horse riding booked through Eric Garcia.I have never rode a horse before so only wanted half an hour rather than an hour and he arranged this.Our Instructor was amazing and soon had me galloping down the beach
Don't forget at the airport there is a Departure Tax which needs to be paid before you check your baggage through, this can paid in us dollars and we got dollars change
Overall amazing resort,with friendly,warm,attentive, awesome staff,they truly made the experience hats off to them.
If you are not sure about this hotel or Costa Rica don't be it is truly amazing.We take 7 -8 trips a year and rarely visit anywhere twice but we simply can not wait to go back here and its first on our list to book for 2013!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal