A few things to set the stage for my review as it pertains to our experience: My boyfriend and I had Platinum status, we stayed at the Royal beach club (tower #1) and did not partake in any excursions.
We spent 6 days at the Westin Playa Conchal for a much needed vacation after a very hectic month. Every day was amazing, mainly because the service and amenities of the resort.
The Royal Beach club: David and Eliel at the Royal Beach Club were very attentive and greeted us with a smile every time that we saw them. The pool was very peaceful and well maintained (there were guys scrubbing the pool floor every morning and collecting debris from the pool). The staff always had a smile and came by frequently to refresh our drinks while we were at the pool. The cocktail hour(s) were inviting with top shelf liquor, and although I do not remember the waiter during coffee time and cocktail hour, he remembered our drinks after the first day and had them waiting as soon we walked through the door. Our hotel room on the third floor was spacious with a great jacuzzi and two bathrooms with rainforest showerheads (this is a luxury coming from NYC).
The restaurants: We ate at Mitra (the buffet) the first 2 mornings - ample amount of food and nice ambience. Then we found out that the italian restaurant by the Royal Beach club pool served breakfast. The buffet was as expected - enjoyed the fruit (especially the papaya and passion fruit) and omelet bar. We ate at Caracola, the a la carte restaurant by the main pool everyday. The seabass ceviche was delicious! We had pizza one day - although the toppings on the menus are exotic (turkey breast, pesto, gorgonzola cheese, etc), they were more than happy to take requests - pepperoni and mushroom. We ate at the mediterrainian place our first night - the tuna tartar and shrimp bruchetta were delicious. The portions were small - we ended up ordering six appetizers and two entrees. We ate at Bamboo another night - the presentation of the tom yom soup was great. Our favorite was the italian restaurant (Fasinella) - we ate there for three nights. Our favorite items on the menu were: lamb shank, lasagna and beef carpaccio. Raul at the italian restaurant never let our wine glasses at dinner go empty and was very attentive. We didn't eat at the french restaurant - it was closed the day we wanted to go.
The main pool: Great pool with a TV at the swim up bar - great for football! The energy is higher than the royal beach club pool but it was a good change of pace during the day.
The spa: I went one day for the viva conchal package (reflexology, hot stone massage and facial). It was amazing - very peaceful and relaxing, Carolina did a great job. The spa was very well maintained and private - the sauna and hot tub were great to use before my massage and facial..
Golf: My boyfriend played 36 holes, I rode with him for the last 18 holes. The grounds were well maintained, the course was beautiful with great views of the ocean. He played 18 holes in 2 and a half hours. The golf course staff was very helpful and provided me with a booklet of birds to look out for on the course - we saw iguanas everywhere. If you want to play, bring your own balls and gloves as they are pretty pricey at the pro shop.
The beach is very private and clean. It's a good run from one end to the other with pretty views of the ocean and surrounding landscape.
Overall we had a great experience and can't wait to go back. Pura vida!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com and Agoda so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal