Stayed here over Thanksgiving with the wife and four kids. Kids range from 7 to 17. We took two adjoining suites; one with a king bed, one with two doubles.
The rooms were great. The only drawback being that the bathrooms don't have doors. There are frosted glass doors to give privacy for toilet and shower, but no door for the whole bathroom.
Service was top notch. Everyone there was, at the very least, polite. Most of the staff were amazingly nice and helpful. We had the Family Club service, which included a dedicated Concierge who helped with everything from dinner reservations, to planning excursions, to small room or amenity related requests. You also get a poolside area and pool attendant. You also get food poolside if you are part of this club.
They have shuttles running throughout the large property, so if you don't feel like walking, you can just hop on and enjoy a quick, smooth ride.
Pool is fantastic. Beach is just outside the resort. It is phenomenally beautiful.
You will see plenty of Iguanas and Coati's (Costa Rica's version of the Raccoon).
The food is generally very good, and in some cases excellent (Faisanella). The kids loved the buffett (Mitra). We also recomnend Caracola, which is poolside.
With a family of six, we could not fathom paying the resort to do our laundry. Based on TripAdvisor mention, I contacted Wash-A-Go-Go in nearby Huacas. $4/load. An extra dollar if they fold. What a deal! Rick and his wife are Americans. Very nice and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal