My wife and I were here on our Honeymoon from October 29, 2012 to November 8, 2012 and had an incredible experience. We've stayed at several all-inclusive resorts throughout Mexico, Cuba, Dominican Republican, Greece, and Spain. This resort was by far the best all-inclusive we have ever stayed at. The food was phenomenal. My favorite restaurants were the French and Mediterranean, while my wife preferred the Thai and the Italian. It was also nice trying some of the local cuisine for lunch. I am still craving the Costa Rican Sea Bass dish. The employees of the resort are incredible. Katherine and Silva (two of the lovely ladies that seat the guests at the restaurants) are super nice, very friendly and willing to go the extra mile to ensure you're satisfied. Whatever they're being paid, its not enough!
The rooms are huge and very comfortable, cleaned regularly and the in-suite bar is stocked daily. The property is beautiful and we enjoyed all the wildlife on the grounds. The shows at night were also very enjoyable, though there was not much of a night life afterwards. This is definitely not the place where you're going to find a group of rowdy college kids.
The beach is also great, beautiful sand and amazing views of the surrounding area. If you're looking to book trips while on your vacation then look no further than Erick Garcia, Alex the Rabbit and John Rodriguez. They are all really friendly and nice. You will find them right outside the gate. They are always there and have been there longer than the trees (as per Alex the Rabbit). We booked a catamaran tour and ATV zip lining with them. Both trips were incredible and I highly recommend doing both. Our favorite was the ATV zip lining. It was just my wife and I with the tour guide so we could go at our own pace making the experience a lot more personable. Alex, Erick, and John will go the extra mile to make sure you're satisfied and they won't pressure you into booking anything. You can book through them at your own pace and on your own schedule. They provide a variety of tours and their prices are lower than the hotels. There is also a degree of satisfaction knowing that you're supporting the locals. Go see them!! The other vendors on the beach are also very nice and friendly as well.
We booked one trip though the hotel to the Arenal Volcano, which turned out to be a very long bus ride. We enjoyed the hot springs, boat ride across lake arenal, and the dinner overlooking the Volcano. We were a bit disappointed with the rainforest as we were hoping to see more wildlife (we only saw ants, a small frog and a toucan).
Overall, we were extremely satisfied with the resort, the food, the accommodations, the excursions, and most importantly the service. You get excellent value for the price. You know it's a great place to go when you're vacationing with pro athletes and TV personalities like Curtis Granderson and Mike Holmes (yes, they really were there!). The only way our trip could have been better is if the sun shined until 8 or 9pm every night! We both highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to travel to Costa Rica. Make sure you say hi to Alex, Erick, and John! Pura Vida!
- Chuck and Kate from Toronto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal