We stayed in 4 hotels in costa rica over 10 days between Christmas and new years. Weston Playa Conchal was the worst and the most expensive. JW Marriott just down the road was 100x better. Like a whole other ball game.
Ok first, when we checked in at noon there were no reservations for dinner. The buffet was the only option. On new years eve all the restaurants closed at 10pm. Ridiculous.
Second, when we went the bar "the 19th hole" after a round of golf and they wouldn't serve us food without a reservation. So we tried to make a reservation on the spot and they said they were booked. Except the place was empty. Literally not one person. So we said we'd sit until someone showed up. Finally the manager came and agreed to seat us after we went through the entire negotiation again. We sat, ate, drank, and lingered for over an hour and a total of 6 people were seated when we left.
Back to dinner...since we couldn't eat dinner in the restaurant, we decided to order room service with some friends and eat outside. Not allowed. Ok, in our room.
Can we get some nice wine glasses? Cups showed up.
Maybe with nice thin rims like in your restaurants?
20 minute negotiation.
Calls from manager.
1 hour goes by. Still waiting. Forget it.
Food is just ok. I'd rather pay more to get good food and not wait 45 mins.
Beach is a public beach. Can't leave anything unattended for 5 seconds or it will be stolen which makes swimming difficult. No waves.
Pools are nice. Adult pool is quiet. Beds are westin heavenly beds....although our "king" was 2 doubles pushed together.
When we asked for advice on places to eat in Tamarindo we were told the concierge left at 7pm and no one else is allowed to make recommendations in case we got hurt at dinner. Odd but ok.
Golf course is fine but no ocean views which for a place right on the coast was disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal