We recently returned from the Westin, Playa Conchal. The resort is very pretty and the food was good. The service, for the most part, though, was sub-standard--particularly in the restaurants.
We had to constantly ask at meals to have our drinks either brought to us or refilled. It got to the point that when we dined at the restaurant by the pool for lunch, one of us would just walk to the bar to get a refill, b/c chances were, the waiters wouldn't remember. Also, at pretty much every meal, there was something we ordered that never got brought.
The worst (and most ridiculous) issue occurred the last night of our stay. We had made a reservation at the restaurant in the lobby for 8 people, which was accepted. However, when we arrived, they wanted us to split up 4 & 4, even though there was PLENTY of room in the restaurant for a table of 8. They told us they don't seat parties larger than 6?!?!? Ok, then why accept the reservation?? We ended up sitting at two 4 top tables that were side by side (and with the same server) and they told us under no circumstances to push the tables together. It was just ridiculous and incredibly unaccommodating.
My other major complaint was the "off limit" pool and bar for those that didn't have the gold wristband.
I felt like the most friendly and accommodating staff were the guys that drove the resort shuttles--and thank goodness for those, this resort is HUGE!
In summary--what I've been telling my friends is that this was a nice place but we have definitely visited other all-inclusives that had better service and were not as expensive. We might go back to Costa Rica, but will not go back to this resort.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Amex, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, Media 8, Inc., Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.