We checked in on April 30th and out on May 7th. The hotel changed into the Westin on Day 2 of our stay there. This DID NOT go well.
The place is beautiful and the waiters and staff tried hard to make everything go smoothly. That being said, I will now go into "The Changeover"...watch your credit card bills!
Our stay during the transition was chaotic to say the least; we paid cash upon checkout and now our credit card has been charged $170.00. I am currently trying to get this charge removed.
We ordered room service the first night we were there as we came in late. The food was excellent and fast service too.
The next day we tried to order a snack from room service and were told that the menu has been changed now (due to the "change over")...we asked for a new menu...3 calls to be exact and we never received it until 2 days later.
We called for our laundry to be taken...it took about 5 calls and 3 days to get it picked up (due to the "change over")......
The internet in the coffee shop was down all week (due to the "change over").....
I was never able to place a call to the US because the lines were down (Due to the "change over")....
We were never able to charge anything from the shops to our room (Due to the "changeover")..
We were unable to pay our departure taxes (Due to the "change over")
Nobody could ever tell us which restaurants would be open in the evening (Due to the "change over")
I have never heard the phrase "Due to the change over" so many times in my life!
We were sitting on the patio one afternoon and they came and asked if they could change the address placard outside our room...our room went from 063 to 4063...then they came with new bedding; then they wanted to come in to exchange all of the bathroom accessories and kitchen countertop accessories for the "change over"
Alot of construction noise was going on from the "change over"....
I hope that this place improves because as I said it is very beautiful and the staff there were trying so hard; the whole time we were there the workers were being watched and some of them looked quite tense and upset.
I would not stay here again. This whole experienced has soured me to Westin in general.
I would have liked to be able to give this 5 stars, however 3 stars I think is still too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Expedia, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal