Stayed at the "new" Westin resort for the final two days of a recent trip to CR. The reason I say 'new" is that this resort is about 15 years old, but new with the Westin name. The standard rooms are in dire need of updating. Make sure you request an updated room. My first room was horrible. After complaining we were moved to the "Royal Club" this is a new area for the hotel about two years old I was told. Do yourself a favor spend the extra money to stay there. Huge updated rooms, VIP pool and dining area. The "all inclusive" part of the "Royal Club" also includes premium liquors that are not part of the standard package.
Regarding the food. Breakfast is not so good. Very hard to keep the hot items hot and the cold items cold when the entire buffet is done in an open air restaurant. Lunch and dinner are very good. Highly recommend the Italian restaurant on site.
The beach is very nice, but beware of all the vendors that will hassle you to purchase their products as soon as you step outside the resort fence. Once you walk past them and say no they will leave you alone.
Big thank you to some great staff members for saving my trip and making our stay great. John our butler. Victoria at the Royal concierge desk and Fransisco the manager on duty when I checked in.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort And Spa, Playa Conchal
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal Hotel Playa Conchal
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Playa Conchal is an All Inclusive eco-friendly retreat, located between the exotic forests and unspoiled beaches of the North Pacific Riviera of Costa Rica. Our secluded vacation spot is a perfect balance between unrivaled luxury and local culture, giving our guests an unforgettable vacation experience. Our All Inclusive experience includes all meals, drinks, use of our fitness center and kids club as well as entertainment options including non motorized water sports, daily activities and nightly events. The resort also offers an adult only all exclusive experience at the Royal Beach Club where guests have access to a private pool with concierge service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Media 8, Inc., Amex, Tingo, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.