“Paradise with a Little Fishing” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nicoya
Estrella de la Playa Resort Suites
Save Saved
You added Estrella de la Playa Resort Suites to your Saves list
Pochote, Nicoya, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Nicoya B&B and Inns
Denver, Colorado
“Paradise with a Little Fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2005

After months of debating where and when to vacation, a friend and I finally decided to go to Costa Rica in February last year. We had been told numerous times by our boss that the Estrella de la Playa in Pochote was one of the coolest little places he had ever stayed, and I'm happy to say he was 100% correct.
We got their all inclusive deep sea package - 10 nights all told, but two were spent in San Jose and the rest in Pochote. Whale Bay is crazy beautiful - spent some time just looking around. The room was great also - beautiful wood walls, funky bannisters, just generally cool stuff.
The package included three days fishing in the ocean, a requirement for my friend the fanatical fisherman. Not much of an outdoorsy type, personally, but I gotta admit it was really fun. The captain Camareno is awesome, he's a great guy and as hopeless as I was he was always cool. With his help I caught my first yellowfin and sea bass! I was really indifferent to the fishing part before we left but I gotta admit I had a blast. By the third day I knew I'd be back to see Camareno again.
On the days we didn't fish we mainly explored the bay - the public beach is right there - and checked out the local sites. Everyone was really friendly and the food was great, especially the breakfasts at Estrella.
If you're going to Costa Rica check this place out, especially if you like to fish. Word's gettin' around.

1 review from our community

Been to Estrella de la Playa Resort Suites? Share your experiences!