“Nice and cosy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Javy

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liberia
Hotel Javy
Barrio Moracia 200 Norte del IPEC, Liberia 50101, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Liberia
Zürich
“Nice and cosy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very very friendly and helpful for a reasonable price. I stayed here together with my 2 year old son and everybody was very nice to him. He loved it and so did I.

Liberia is very close to the airport of Liberia. My advice: you don't have to stay in the Hilton Gardon Inn at the airport, it is more fun and much cheaper in Liberia!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Loveland, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you are looking for a five star resort, stop reading. On the other hand, if you are looking for a local, clean, economical place to stay in Liberia, I highly recommend hotel Javy. I made the reservation online (more like email than a registration site) and within a few hours, the owner wrote back confirming my request. Then, the owner said they would line up a cab to pick us up and deliver us, at a discounted rate, which worked flawlessly and really was discounted. Then the owner lined up a rental car for us to be delivered, again at a true 10% discount. Upon our late arrival, Isabel, welcomed us and insisted on making us fresh fruit juice and served us an overwhelming plate of fresh cut fruit. The next morning we were treated to a wonderful breakfast of fresh bread, rice, bens, eggs and bacon. Fresh coffee and again fruit and juice.the rooms are basic, but VERY clean and comfortable. This place is NOT the Grand Hyatt, but for $64 for three it was a wonderful experience. On our last night in Costa Rica we spent the evening with the owner sharing stories about our families, homes and experiences. This was truly a relaxed and comfortable stay. I recommend it for the traveler looking for a clean bed, a friendly place with a decent and kind owner. I will return.

Room Tip: I mistakingly gave a "terrible" on the pool......I meant to give it no rating, there is no...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Collins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hotel Javy is a hidden gem. A little out of the way, but well worth finding. Isabel is a wonderful host, cook and lodge keeper. This small bed a breakfast off the beaten path, offers clean air conditioned rooms, with some very tasty meals. Isabel goes out of her way to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 different rooms and both were very comfortable, about 20 minutes from the air port, I...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and the owners were wonderful. Even though we had limited communication, they could not have been more accommodating or helpful. It was a great location as well for heading to the airport. We had a little difficulty finding it but once there it was great

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
West Kingston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We spent 2 nights at Hotel Javy, on our first night and on our last night. The owner is loving and accommodating. Javier arranged our taxi from Liberia Airport and a rental car was delivered to the Hotel. The breakfast was delicious and when we arrived we were greeted with fresh watermelon and mango! I highly recommend Hotel Javy for anyone who is traveling to Costa Rica! You will be welcomed with love!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel and staff were amazing from the second we walked in to the second we left. The staff and owner are so nice!! I don't speak a word of Spanish and they could not have been more accommodating. The owner's son Javier was so nice and helped with our transportation which can be a huge headache if you don't speak the native language. The complimentary breakfast was delicious.
The freshly cut fruit and juice is to die for! I would recommend this place to everyone! I would have stayed for the whole two weeks!

My fiance and I were so happy here!

• Stayed April 2013
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My fiance and I booked at Hotel Javy about as close to "last minute" as possible before we left for Costa Rica, and every step of our experience with them was completely enjoyable.

We stepped off the plane, and Hotel Javy had a cab waiting for us. I had a brief moment of "where are we going" as our cab turned down a dusty dirt road at the east edge of the city, but once we arrived, my doubts were put to rest.

We arrived near midnight, and were greeted with a giant smile, fresh cut fruit, fresh squeezed juice and shown our room. Clean, air conditioned, hot water and the beds were comfortable. Woke up to more smiles, and the best Gallo Pinto we had during our entire trip. The ladies were so warm and pleasant, so friendly.

We left after two nights to continue our trip, and a week later I was surprised to check my email and discover that I had left my charger in the room, and that they would hold it for me to pick up on our way back through Liberia. I took the opportunity to book another night for our return.

The return experience was even warmer than the first. We arrived exhausted and beat from 2 weeks of backpacking, and we got our key and headed straight for the room. About ten minutes later there was a gentle knock on the door, and I opened it to find yet another beaming smile, sliced fruit, and a huge jug of fresh squeezed pineapple juice.

They arranged a cab for us for 3:30 the next morning, greeted us with breakfast despite the early hour, and gave us a farewell that made me wish we could stay another month.

I will return, and I whole heartedly suggest Hotel Javy to anyone travelling through Liberia. The value is excellent, the rooms are good, the Hotel is secure, and the service and staff are exceptional.

Thank you so much, I look forward to seeing you all again.

Room Tip: I stayed in different rooms on each of my visits, and I would say that they were both equal. The two...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Javy? Share your experiences!