When we first arrived, they said they were overbooked (though we were confirmed months in advance for a suite) and they were sending us to their partner resort nearby. We had not heard of this place, so we refused to go. The manager came out to the desk and immediately offered us a superior room (with a beautiful view) until our suite was ready the next day.
That was the only snag...everything else was fantastic! It's definitely a 3 star hotel, but very clean. Grounds, staff, food, atmosphere, and tour options were very good! My husband and both had the best vacations of our lives (at 41 and 44), aside from the fact that it was our honeymoon. We did two adventure tours, one with each of the tour companies at the hotel. They were both incredible!!!!!! We did in one day...horseback riding, whitewater tubing, canopy tour with zip lines, rapelling, tarzan swings, and mud/hot springs to finish. Our tour guide was Larry Ulate, and we HIGHLY recommend him! We were told by other guides that he's the best in Costa Rica, and he definitely lived up to it!!!!! Our second adventure trip was booked with CAT tours. We went white water rafting on the Tenorio River/Pozo Azul with Rios Tropicales. They were top notch river guides...my husband was very impressed with them since he is a ACA certified whitewater kayak instructor, and I do some raft guiding. We had a GREAT time!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Giardini di Papagayo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Giardini Di Papagayo Liberia
- Giardini Di Papagayo Resort
- Hotel Giardini Di Papagayo
- Giardini Di Papagayo Costa Rica
- Giardini Di Papagayo Hotel Costa Rica/Liberia