I stayed there during my first trip to Costa Rica in April of 2008. It's located next to Hilton Papagayo resort (which is excellent in every respect) and thus much more expensive.
The check-in took forever (they were cleaning our rooms?) but I got much better room than expected (with a private balcony and the view of both the bay and the canopy) on the top of the hill. The shuttle ran pretty often and we had no problems getting to the base for meals and the beach. The hotel is rugged and small enough to blend with the location and give you a feel of home and privacy. The food is local and is really good. So is the alcohol. The only drawback is the beach and the bugs. The beach is pretty much shared with locals and not as nice as I've seen in other areas of the coast. The nearby creek is a breeding ground for the tiny bugs (sandflies?) that get you every night for a snack. Everyone got bitten thousand times and they bites itch pretty bad. I've never been beaten like this since then.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Giardini di Papagayo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Giardini Di Papagayo Liberia
- Giardini Di Papagayo Resort
- Hotel Giardini Di Papagayo
- Giardini Di Papagayo Costa Rica
- Giardini Di Papagayo Hotel Costa Rica/Liberia