“Needs work, not especially friendly, but has a pool” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Daysita

Hotel Daysita
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Liberia
Hotel Daysita
Save Saved
You added Hotel Daysita to your Saves list
frente al Estadio de Futbol de Liberia, Liberia, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #16 of 16 hotels in Liberia
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Needs work, not especially friendly, but has a pool”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

In a nutshell, this place may once have been nice, but in it's current condition, it is not worth the price - for $40/night, you can find better accommodations in Liberia.

I booked this place sight unseen having arrived late at night and fairly desperate to crash, and I didn't notice how dirty and run down this place was until the morning. I'm not sure the floor had been swept or mopped in a long, long time - large, sticky stains on the floor, which was audibly covered with a crunching layer of dirt that made bare feet not an option. Soap from bathroom wall dispenser was pooled (neon pink) on the floor beneath. Walls had stains from smeared bug remains. Sheets were clean, but in the daylight, it was clear that the comforters/duvets and the fuscia fabric runner at the foot of the bed were stained with yellow, some grease, and some grayish dirt and may not have actually been washed between guests (for a while). Curtains were also dirty - believe me, I was not trying to be scrupulous at all, the grime just kind of kept showing up despite my every effort to ignore it). Ceiling in the main hotel area (front desk) was stained, cracked, and looking like it might collapse at any moment; generally the ambience was dark and dowdy.

The A/C was either broken or functioning poorly in both rooms (they switched me to another room after the A/C wouldn't turn on in the first - I insisted i didn't need A/C, but instead of refunding me the couple of extra A/C cost, they insisted that I move down the hall). The unit in the new room looked kind of dirty and falling apart (by the noise it made, it was working really hard), but it seemed to work - that is, until morning when I realized the temperature inside the room was the same as the outside - so, I more or less paid for A/C in a room with no A/C after all. I turned off the unit to go out for a walk, and when I turned it on again, it began violently spewing water at me.

Finally, I inquired about having a 30 min grace period past the noon checkout just to stick around and use wifi before I had to leave for my bus (there were very few guests in the hotel, and I didn't arrive until 11pm the previous night) but they told me they would be forced to charge me $20 for the extra 30 minutes.

Advantages: There is wifi. The cleaning staff was friendly, and they clearly do try to make a nice presentation with folding towels into fans and placing flower petals on the beds, in the bathroom, in the shower curtain (they were dead and dried out but the effort was noticeable). The outdoor patio/restaurant area looks like it would be relaxing. Also, there is a pool. It is a cloudy, yellowish pool, and there was a faint sewage smell around it (could have been a coincidence), but it is a pool nonetheless, which can be refreshing in Liberia's searing heat. Finally, if you find yourself having to stay here, be comforted that the ceiling lights are small and dim enough that you could potentially ignore most of the uncleanliness.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Checked into Daysita September the 1st mid-day. Looks as though the hotel was very nice at one time. Decided for $40.00 I would give it a shot. Stayed in a room on the back side facing the pool. After dropping off my luggage I decided to go for dinner and a movie. Ended up back at the hotel around 10:30. Upon entering my room I noticed broken glass on the floor, immediately noticed all my electronic items were gone and asked for the manager (younger guy probably mid twenties) and explained what what had happened...He seemed genuinely concerned, took a few photos and said he needed to call the owner. I waited close to half an hour and he never returned so decided to make my way to the front desk. Behind the front desk was a heavy set woman probably in her late 40´s, I asked to speak with the manager and was told he wasn´t there? Odd I thought then asked for the owner and she informed me she was the owner. I asked what we could do about the situation and she said there was no situation as she had a guard working all night (although he was at the front of the hotel). She was unwilling to come look at the pile of glass, offer a discount on the room (as I lost over $500.00 worth of belongings) or even an apology. Quite nasty and rude is the best way to sum her up. Upon leaving I grabbed a taxi just out front, explained my situation and he oddly chuckled a bit? He informed me the owner recently passed and the woman I dealt with was the daughter-new owner and this wasn´t the first time he has heard this type of story...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Stavanger, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Wonderful clean and nice place 5 minutes walk from the city centre with excellent service and friendly staff. Breakfast included. There's also a pool, which unfortunately weren't open due to some upgrades. Very cheap as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Having stayed in several hotels in Costa Rica and Nicaragua, I can say that this hotel had what I wanted at a fair price, for Liberia. Although the large pool/hot tub and other areas are now undergoing a face lift, it will be a great place to hang out and relax.

• Stayed March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011 via mobile

Stayed at Hotel Daysita for 2 nights in December 2011. Overall, the stay was adequate and a good value for the price paid. The room was clean and quiet. A small breakfast buffet and wifi access were included. Staff were friendly and helpful. However, the pool and whirlpool needed a cleaning. In fact, despite the attention to detail in the décor, the property seemed to be a little tired and in need of an infrastructural facelift.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Hotel Daysita? Share your experiences!