My wife and I just returned from a 25th-anniversary one-week trip to Costa Rica. On previous trips abroad, we felt rushed by having to constantly pack and repack so this time we decided to stay the entire time in a single location.
After some research on the web (including tripadvisor, thanks!) we selected Tierras Enamoradas (Lands in Love) hotel & resort and were not disappointed. We arranged our airport pickup/return through the hotel as well as all our tours. As first time visitors to Costa Rica, we appreciated having this convenience and consider it worth the extra expense.
The resort is owned and operated by 30 very friendly and incredibly industrious young people from Israel. It seems they are constantly working to make their beautiful, park-like surroundings even more attractive.
The grounds are maintained very cleanly, but it will perhaps help to remember that the property is large and rural (coming from a rural location ourselves, this was another plus) and if you search long enough, you will be able to find spots that are a little wilder (less maintained) than the main grounds themselves. Is that a problem? Of course not - my wife and I enjoyed exploring all the nooks and crannies we could find! The hiking map they provided was sufficient for us to find the trail to the river and waterfall and back without getting lost.
Perhaps the main reason we chose Lands in Love was for the vegetarian cooking. As vegans, we normally cook for ourselves when traveling, but this time we decided to trust the kitchen staff. The wonderful smells coming from their kitchen were a most welcome treat even before our meals arrived.
We would like to thank Naama, Michal and the others in the kitchen for taking a personal interest in our dietary preferences and doing all they could to make sure we were happy with our meals. They even washed and sliced a couple of mangoes we had purchased at a super in town during one of our tours. What a treat! At our request, Rona baked us a pair of personal-sized pies (apple and pecan) which were exceptional.
Was it absolutely perfect? No, of course not. We were used to more whole-grains and vegetables, but what we found at Lands in Love certainly surpassed our expectations and we hope to visit again another time.
We went on several of the tours offered by Jacamar and would recommend most of them. Our favorites were the Cano Negro (lots of wildlife) and Rio Celeste hike. We prefer smaller groups when going on tour and for Rio Celeste it was just the two of us with Edgar our guide. Very nice! His English was quite good and he helped us spot the "blue-jeans" or poison arrow dart frog which we never would have found on our own.
The combination tour (most expensive) was perhaps a little crowded with many other groups visiting the same location so we did not enjoy that one quite so much. The canopy/zip lines are a must also.
Although August is technically the rainy season, this did not really hinder us much at all. There are umbrellas for the guests to use at the main reception and this enabled us to walk the grounds even if it rained on us occasionally. Usually the rain would stop after a few minutes.
The rooms were clean and functional. No AC, but with the windows open (screen in place) we had no trouble. It was cool enough in the evening that we were quite comfortable with just the room fan.
There are a block of rooms (26, 24 and some others perhaps) that do have fantastic views of the Rio Balsa valley. Ask for them if possible.
In summary, the staff and owners of Lands in Love have a high regard for their natural surroundings and for the animals in their care. As is usually the case, those who treat animals kindly have learned to also show kindness to their fellow man. We have no reservations in giving our highest recommendation!
- Also Known As:
- Lands In Love Hotel And Resort (Tierras Enamoradas)
- Lands In Love Hotel
- Lands In Love Resort
- Lands In Love Hotel & Resort (Tierras Enamoradas) Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An environmental and animal friendly zone. Cloud forest hotel, pretty rooms with: telephone, fast internet, cable TV, mini bar, and coffee machine. Comfortable lobby with live music, tasty international and Israeli food, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, conference room, camping area, and pet hotel. Activities in the area: canopy, canyoning/rappelling, horse back riding, trails and rafting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, HostelBookers, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Lands in Love Hotel & Resort (Tierras Enamoradas) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.