“Sky Tram Professional Fun” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Costa Rica Sky Adventures its an adventure theme park located at Arenal Volcano, near La fortuna. In this park you can do the exiting Sky Trek zip lines, the Sky Tram cable car tour and the trilling Sky Walk hanging bridges, all in one same place offering you souvenir shop, Chill Out restaurant, hotel shuttle service and a hummingbird and orchid garden complementary tour.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Miami, Florida
29 attraction reviews
“Sky Tram Professional Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Our travel agent CR Referrals booked our zip line nature walk with Sky Tram. Sky Tram and our tour guide picked us up promptly at our hotel and provided us with our agenda as we drove to their facility. This was my wife and I first time zip lining so we had some apprehension concerning our adventure. Our guide placed us both at ease and upon our arrival gave us complete and through instruction. He assisted us in placing all of the gear on and verified it was done correctly. We could tell from the equipment that they use that this was a top rate operation. After an instruction run off we went. We had no waiting and our guide was joined by another employee to facilitate our runs. Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed our time. The views and the adrenaline were over the top.
After our zip line we went on a nature walk with one of their guides. We soon learned that the nature guides were not just guides but instructors in the fauna and flora of the environment. They truly loved their job. Their respect for the wildlife was very apparent.
Afterwards a waiting van drove us back to our hotel. A better more enjoyable experience could not have been had.

, Manager at Costa Rica Sky Adventures, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Thanks for your comment, we hope to see you again!

Bear Creek Twp., PA
24 attraction reviews
“Great Views from Zipline”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I recently visited the Sky Tram & Zipline tour at Arenal. We had a beautiful day and were able to see the entire volcano and lake from both the cafe and from the upper observation deck at the end of the Sky Tram. It must have been our lucky day because we didn't have reservations, but someone cancelled and we were able to join the group going out. We were also able to see some Capachino Monkeys on our tram ride to the top. The tour guides were very professional and helpful to make the ziplining less intimadation. We had a great group of people and made new friends. The second to last zip was by far the best (~1/2 Mile). I would highly recommend this zipline if you are visiting the area of La Fortuna and Arenal.

Houlton, Maine
“Highlight of our Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I highly recommend the Sky Trek - Sky Tram in La Fortuna. Ziplining has been on my bucket list for quite some time and I am so glad that I was able to do it in Costa Rica. The sky tram up had some beautiful views and the ziplining was so much fun. The staff was wonderful. Made it very easy and were alot of fun. Never did I feel unsafe. They give you a couple of practice runs to see if you like it. If not there is the option to opt out and return by sky tram. I am usually not the dare devil type but I can say that I loved doing this and would do it there again. We did this as our first excursion and I must say that the rest of our excursions paled in comparison. If you do go, make sure you get the helmets with the camera on them. We did not do that and now wish that we had. Enjoy!

Visited April 2012
CRSkyAdventures, Manager at Costa Rica Sky Adventures, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thanks for your recommendation!
9 attraction reviews
“High Speed Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

This place is great! You start off with a beautiful tram ride though the rainforest canopy until you reach the observation deck. Make sure to bring a camera because you can see some grea views of the volcano from there! From there, it's off to the zip lines which start with two practice runs followed by the highest line of the course (>300 ft high). Don't worry if you're scared, a guide can go down with you (until the last one). The last one is the fastest and longest of over 1/2 mile wide. It's a great time!

Glad you enjoyed and hope to see you soon, not only in Arenal, also in Monteverde!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Highlight of the trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My wife and I both did the sky walk, sky tram, and sky trek. We started in the early morning with the sky walk. Our tour guide was very knowledgable and led us through an amazing 3 hour hike through the rainforest. While we didn't see many animals, we were still amazed at the breath taking views of the rainforest.
We then had an hour before our ziplining so we had lunch at the restaurant there. It was decent food and we were both able to get a drink to calm our nerves. The view of the volcano from the restaurant makes for a perfect lunch setting.
It was then time for our sky tram and sky trek. The sky tram was ok but I wouldn't pay $50 for it alone. However, the zipline was the most amazing experience! I am afraid of heights and was scared during the first major line but after knowing what was to come, the rest of the lines were awesome! The views are some that few will ever get to see. My only complaint is that it had to end! Our guides were fun and kept everyone comfortable. We will hopefully return one day to La Fortuna and will definitely do the sky trek again!