We visited the Lost Iguana in July for 3 days and it rained off and on each day, but we had our rain gear and the weather did not stop use from doing activities in the area The hotel is well sited to take advantage of zip lining, hanging bridges, horse back riding, and white water rafting. Hikes on the extensive property are also possible. It is also near an elaborate thermal spring that we did not have time to see. We found the staff to be first rate from reception to restaurants, and all spoke good English. After we left, they went to considerable effort to retreive and mail back to us a Kindle that was left behind. We had most of our meals at the hotel restaurant, and although not gourmet, we had no complaints. Our second floor room had a great view of the volcano which we finally saw (at least 90%) on our last day. My wife and grand-daughter especially enjoyed the large heated pool with swim up bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park