We stayed two nights at the Lost Iguana. The room was beautifully done in a rustic style, and quite comfortable. But we were simply blown away by the view. When it was not cloudy or foggy (which it was a bit more than we would have preferred) we had an amazing view of the volcano. I haven't had a room with a view like this Mena House in Cairo.
The resort is a tad remote, so unless you have a car/taxi, or are on an excursion, you'll be dining at the resort restaurant. That was not an issue for us, as we found the food to be quite tasty, especially their soups. The breakfast buffet did vary a little each day as well.
Combined with the pleasant demeanor of the staff, we would definitely return given the opportunity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park