The spa at this resort exceeded my expectations and is stunning; you should at least go look at it if you are staying here. We had a couples massage in a room with a fireplace and could hear the rain falling softly, during probably the best message I have ever received. Afterwards, we were given a delicious hot fruit flavored tea to enjoy. We were not ready for our experience to end!
The resort is on beautiful grounds that remind me a great deal of Hawaii with all the tropical flowers and plant life. Lovingly landscaped and maintained. There are many unique carvings and a jungle themed decor
The staff here are excellent and will attempt to help you with any requests. They came through for us many times as we called on them more times than I would have liked.
If I could offer anything different from past reviews to help it would be in regards to the location of the resort being fairly remote from the town of LaFortuna. Cabs are very expensive at $30 EACH way to/from town.
However, that being said, it was our first visit to CR and when our flight arrived very late due to bad weather, i can't tell you how relieved we were to have a driver waiting for us to drive us from SJO to the resort. The roads are not bad in CR, there just are hardly any road signs and the roads can be very winding on the way to this area. Add that with rain, fog,darkness....not something I wanted to take on my first visit. (quite frankly on the next one either) Gas is expensive (I think we figured $6 per gal) and factor in the expensive mandatory insurance in CR...neither is a really good option. Just FYI.
The only improvement I could suggest is the food seemed somewhat inconsistent during our stay. We only ate one evening meal here (first night) and ventured out the other evenings. The best meal we found in area was at Nayara (local luxury boutique hotel) which was fabulous. (Sorry that's another review!)
It rained several times every day while we were there, but it certainly didn't stop us from our excursions. We enjoyed the heated pool and bar almost every day after our activities. The views from our balcony of the volcano were just breath taking.
PS Visit the resort gift shop--it is pretty interesting and seemed to have fair prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park