This little slice of paradise is located 20min by car from the main strip in town and closer to some of the volcano attractions. We had a two bedroom suite up the hill facing the volcano in the most tranquil and luxurious setting one can imagine. This is the closest you can be immersed in nature without missing urban luxuries we have grown accustomed too. The decor is tasteful, everything looks like it was made locally with local material (I have no idea if that's indeed the case), the rooms are huge, with enough room for everything. The outside lava shower, or terraced Jacuzzi overlooking the volcano is just another amazing feature this place has.
The best part was waking up in the morning, sitting on the balcony overlooking the volcano and just listening to many species of birds chirping their happiness. We saw tiny little hummingbirds drinking nectar straight out of the huge brightly colored flowers less than 10ft away. The occasional iguana and a host of other lizards can be seen all over the property. Breakfast was ample and omelets were custom prepared upon request - we were initially disappointed with the wildlife sighting (See that howler monkey? No, you can't see it? Why not? It's about 800 meters to your left, see? No no no, not there, look more up, between the big tree and the smaller one - you get the idea), but it depends on the season and, of course, the time of the day. We were told that tucons are usually around daily, but the wet season was about to begin and they were busy preparing.
If you want to taste paradise do yourself a favor and book this hotel. Having a car (which we parked outside of our cabin) is a good idea, otherwise the golf carts will shuttle you around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park