We stayed at the hotel for two days while exploring the Arenal volcano area - it was awesome!
Waking up in the morning, watching the skies brightening from our balcony - straight ahead was the volcano and the surrounding jungle. In 15 minutes, we counted seven different birds in the trees, several meters from us. Convenient location, awesome grounds with features like the green maze and pool bar - and lots of attention to details and design. Probably the only minus in this area is the lack of the hot springs that are an integral part of many other resorts in the area, but the volcano and the jungle bet them all :-) A conversation with the owner is a bonus - she is a truly nice person! Waiting for a special occasion to find again the Lost Iguana!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park