In January, my parents celebrated their 50th anniversary. This was the story they were told. The piece they were missing was that they would be at the LOST IGUANA resort celebrating with their 5 children. 4 of the 5 children were traveling from Boston, MA and as you can imagine with families its not easy to travel in a school month. This time it was different. We all decided to go, leaving our spouses and children behind, to surprised the parents that had sacrificed it all for each one of us. We were like a bunch of teenagers traveling for the first time. We got to the airport early, enjoyed our meals, had our glass of wine in the plane. When arrived to Costa Rica, my brother in law waited for us with a heart warming welcome package. From San Jose, the ride to Lost Iguana is about 3 hours. The whole time we planned the surprise for our parents. Would they see us as a group, each individually? Should we meet them at the restaurant or in their room? The excitement was overwhelming.
When we finally arrive to the resort, we had decided that we would surprise our parents in the hotel room. After all the excitement might be too much in the restaurant. My brother, who travels most frequently to Costa Rica should be the first one to go and surprised them. We went to the reception and everyone at the resort was ready to help with our surprise.
First, one of the staff gave my brother a ride to the room. Then he returned to pick up the rest of us. My sister and I went next. Seeing my parents face as we walked in was priceless. They were filled with excitement and so much love. When my second brother walked in, everyone started tearing up. It's an awesome experience spending time as adults with your siblings and your parents.
The villas we stayed in were awesome, they had a jacuzzi, a great view of the volcano, and I have to mention the beautiful view of sunset and sunrise.
We then went to the restaurant to have dinner. They set up ghe most beautiful table and the chef came out to tells about the specials. The food was so delicious. We each tried something different, and we had a fruit sangria that was also very tasty. We were all very pleased.
While staying at the Lost Iguana, we went to the hot springs, tour the falls, and we tried some of the local restaurants.
We had an AMAZING time at this resort and to say the least the staff was crucial in our planning process. There were many hugs, laughs, and sleepless moments. It's hard to sleep when you want to enjoy every second.
We would like to thank the staff at the Lost Iguana for being so accommodating. Your humility and your enthusiam made us even more joyful. A very special thanks to the general manager, Rosio, who thought of so many details to give it the extra special touch!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park