My wife and I stayed for a week at LIL and loved it. The ever changing views of Arenal, the birds and wildlife, the wonderful staff - all made for a great stay. We walked everywhere and it is a good place for those in good physical condition. We both are pushing 60. We walked the trails, the road to Arenal Lake, up to Hanging Bridges(which is superb) and all around the grounds. We saw coatis, peccaries, tayras in the trees and howler monkeys in addition to some fabulous birds. Our main activity was going to Eco Termales hotsprings which we love. We went four times during the week and it was terrific. We also took a trip to Cano Negro with Tirsio Hidalgo for some serious birding and fishing. Cano Negro is quite a ride away but has lots of wildlife and we hooked and lost 2 tarpon on a fly rod the largest of which was probably 80 lbs. The staff at the restaurant and at reception is very helpful and really made our stay enjoyable. Our third trip to this area which we love and LIL is a great place from which to enjoy all that the La Fortuna/Arenal area has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lost Iguana Resort is Arenal's newest hotel, offering luxury accommodations in the rain forest The resort's 100 acre property overlooks the world's most active volcano, Arenal Volcano located near La Fortuna, Costa Rica. A premiere, upscale retreat nestled gently in the jungle, the Lost Iguana Resort only offers rooms with large private balconies overlooking the Arenal Volcano and Arenal River Gorge. All rooms are spacious and well appointed with first-class furnishings, artwork and full amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Lost Iguana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lost Iguana Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Lost Iguana Resort And Spa
- Hotel Lost Iguana
- Lost Iguana Resort & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park