This place defies description---it is absolutely a heaven on earth! My husband and I spent our 25th wedding anniversary here and it far surpassed our expectations. We stayed during the low season and we literally had the place to ourselves. Only 37 rooms have been built so far, with 115 planned, so we got there before the crowds, which, believe me, will be coming as soon as the word gets out about this place!! So go now, while it is still relatively unknown. I'm telling you---if you are reading this, make reservations NOW! It is very expensive and worth every penny. We stayed only three nights, and then went to the Manuel Antonio region of Costa Rica. I wish we had spent the entire time here---the scenery is magnificent, the volcano is awe-inspiring and such a delight to wake up to every morning. You can see it out your picture window laying in the super comfy king size bed. Also, there is a family of toucans that live around the resort, and each evening we would watch them frolicking in the trees and calling out to each other.
OK, now, I'll give you some brief pros and cons:
Pros--scenery, room size, jacuzzi tub, huge walk-in shower, view from your room, flora and fauna, food, especially the buffet breakfast, location, amenities, friendly staff, mineral pools, swimming pool, spa services, fitness facilities, wonderful bed, transportation (they will take you to your room or anywhere on the main grounds in a golf cart) .....I could go on and on......words are inadequate....
Cons ---if you have bad feet or knees, this place would be very hard on you. I am 54 years old and work out regularly and this place was a challenge for me. You must climb steep stairs everywhere you go and it can be tiring. There is an elevator at the reception area, but it only goes from the 2nd to 5th floor. You have to climb up to the main building from your room, and then climb to the 2nd floor to reach the elevator. By then, it's almost a moot point to use it to get to the 5th and highest level. Also, you must either climb up or down many, many stairs to go to and from the 18 pools. I found out quickly that my water sandals were no good for this kind of climbing---I had to wear my running shoes most of the time. Also, the area around the pool is very slippery and I saw a couple of people fall down, so be careful and wear good shoes with traction. In addition, the jacuzzi tub in the room is very deep, so a disabled person would find it impossible to get in and out of. And lastly, the sinks do not have a stopper, so you can't soak and rinse clothes in them.
We took one excursion---the Arenal Hanging Bridges---and it was excellent in every way. Also, we had a driver pick us up at the Liberia airport and chauffeur us to the Arenal area---the drive around Lake Arenal was amazing---scenery that is just breath-taking all the way.
So, in summary, as I said at the beginning of this review---GO NOW! If you don't have the money, put it on a credit card and pay it out after you return home. You will not regret visiting this resort and this part of Costa Rica--it is truly a once in a lifetime, unforgettable, life-changing experience! Pura vida!!! (That's "pure life" and is the expression used by everyone you meet in CR)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park